US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new here, just got a 91' xj40. Going to be parting it out probably....but Central wi..

Old 10-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For half the year my '00 XK8 resides in Townsend, WI. About 50 miles Southeast of Rhinelander. In the middle of nowhere!

Old 10-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Delafield, WI here. Just bought a 2010 XFR.

Loving the colors of the Kettle Moraine

Old 10-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

Welcome 88:
I lived for a while in Nashotah, and you are right. Could there be a lovelier place for an autumnal drive in the Jag?
Cheers!
Scott

Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool 2001 s type

Mt. pleasant wisconsin here, border or kenosha and racine on the lakefront. Got a killer deal on it a few months ago with the 4/3 spring broke in trans, fixed it in my garage....6 dollar part! Original owner thought trans was shot!! his loss my gain. I have been working on going through the vehicle on my weekends and "tightening" her up and bringing any questionable parts/components up to new/working standards. Easy to work on. Didn't expect that , being as im a mechanic/engineer, and all I ever hear are horror stories on costs. Well if you repair it yourself, this car costs NO different than any other car. Get the JTIS and a scan tool and your good to go. Any questions locally, give me a pm maybe I can help...

Last edited by willburn; 12-14-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

Welcome, willburn; and thank you for your efforts to keeping one of these great cars on the road! I also lived in Racine for a few years, but more up toward Wind Point. In fact, I also bought my first Jag from a friend in Racine - on a whim, the day I moved toward Madison.
Best of luck and thanks for sharing your mechanical knowledge with the rest of us along the way.
Cheers,
Scott

The following users liked this post:
willburn (12-13-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 148 Posts

I live in FL but maintain a small place in Madison -- in fact, just spent the last two weeks in Madison. Drove the Jag from FL to VA to CT to OH to WI to GA and back to FL all since just before Thanksgiving.

Where were all of you Wisconsinites when I was up there - only saw about one or two other Jags the entire time I was in Madison.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Default U.S. Tour....

I just bought mine 3 months ago. Getting it ready for winter, heat issues, onto the Dccv today , I think its stuck closed...

Old 12-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello WI ... I'm in Oshkosh with a '93 XJ40 (XJ6) I got last June in NM. First Jag ... big fun.

MidwestJag (12-29-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Default snow tires...

so what snow tires are we using up here in wisconsin for the s type, mine came with pirellis.....are they any good for winter or am I going to have to get a new set? We haven't had any snow yet this year, kinda like last year, so maybe its gonna be a mild one. Maybe a recommendation of worst case winter tires and um, last year this year winter tires.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I put mine away every winter. 1980 with 37k original miles. Want it to last as long as it can!

Old 12-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Default 01 s type

I am very sure almost all of our bodys will outlast the issues that all of us experience mechanically with them , in a rough comparison. I happened to buy mine used as a project, it will never see a dealer. Besides, what good are heater seats in the winter if you dont use them?

Old 12-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought an 02 x type a week ago. getting ready to roll up the sleeves on christmas day. need to get reverse lights working. wish me luck, but I wont need it with all the knowledge on this site.

Have a good one all!

Captain Morgan

Lodi, WI

Old 12-27-2012, 09:09 AM

I'm brad in lacrosse....triple black str 03

MidwestJag (12-29-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 06:53 AM

Just got my leaper in the mail from ebay yesterday. Just put it on. Looks great. I got the reverse sensor coming in the mail from jaguarparts.com. Can't wait to get the reverse lights and sensors working. The kid and I traced some wires. I ended up jumping the reverse sensor leads and the lights and sensors turned on. Yeah!. I subscribe to alldatadiy.com for an up to date online manual for all my cars. It tells the suggested price of parts. It said the reverse sensor should cost about 20 bucks. I called fields jag in Madison and they wanted 53bucks and it would take a week. Got it shipped to me for 23bucks from jaguar parts. I hate getting bent over at dealers. Next project is to find a way to get a spare key made. dealer wants 370. I am really good at auto electrical problems. would love to just override the transponder system.

Have a good one all!

Morgan

Old 12-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Default immob...

PM me, I might be able to help you with your problem.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by captainmph
Just got my leaper in the mail from ebay yesterday. Just put it on. Looks great. I got the reverse sensor coming in the mail from jaguarparts.com. Can't wait to get the reverse lights and sensors working. The kid and I traced some wires. I ended up jumping the reverse sensor leads and the lights and sensors turned on. Yeah!. I subscribe to alldatadiy.com for an up to date online manual for all my cars. It tells the suggested price of parts. It said the reverse sensor should cost about 20 bucks. I called fields jag in Madison and they wanted 53bucks and it would take a week. Got it shipped to me for 23bucks from jaguar parts. I hate getting bent over at dealers. Next project is to find a way to get a spare key made. dealer wants 370. I am really good at auto electrical problems. would love to just override the transponder system.

Have a good one all!

Morgan

I think Fields in Madison is moving away from the Jaguar mark. They took down all of their Jaguar signs a year ago and the lot is mostly Volvos save for a half dozen Jags.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Cedarburg here. Anyone got any exceptionally good or any bad experiences with dealerships? Specifically service and parts, as I don't plan on purchasing a new Cat.

Oh, and when I purchased my car it only had one key fob and the valet key. This certainly wouldn't do, so I purchased a "switchblade" blank and the corresponding "clicker" bottom (on eBay it cost me just over $70 from remotez4less). I took this to Whitlow Security in West Allis and they cut it for me for $50. Total of about $170 and a few hours of my time (to run it to West Allis from Cedarburg, and to search for the instructions to pair it to the vehicle). Was quoted over $250 from both Jenkins Jag and Waukesha Jag, neither of which actually cut the keys, they order them from somewhere so I would have had to wait.

Abaco Potcake (01-14-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased a certified pre-owned in Chicago and live about 20 miles west of Milwaukee. I had an issue with the driver side knee bolster coming loose, and also needed some winter floor mats.

I have been extremely impressed with Fields Jag in Waukesha. I am coming to Jag after the last 5 years with Lexus, and the service levels are very comparable. They always call to let me know the status of everything, both times i have been in (first time was just to ask questions) they offered to wash the car, and it came back looking great!

I haven't needed a service yet, but i will take it to them.

So far, i'm very happy.

The following 2 users liked this post by Jaguar88:
MidwestJag (01-15-2013), Rob2004XJ8VandenPlas (01-16-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 12:55 PM

Badger locksmith in middleton WI is buying the special part to go on their laser cutter to cut a jaguar key. The problem is that they can only get valet keys that can be cloned, but they also told me that they would be more than willing to cut one off of ebay for somewhere in the 30 dollar range. Field jag in madison said they would program keys for 120. I told them I would have 2 keys and it is still 120 dollars total. ebay 35 dollars for switch blade with blank approximately 35 for cutting plus 120 programming. If I buy 2 switch blade blanks and two cutting and programming i am looking at (70+70+120=260) considering the dealer wanted 370 dollars for one of theirs and programming I thought i was doing ok. I will let you all know when Badger key gets their equipment.

MidwestJag (01-15-2013)

Quick Reply: Wisconsin