US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

All the WI professors, administrators, and politicians left for the holidays.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by captainmph
Badger locksmith in middleton WI is buying the special part to go on their laser cutter to cut a jaguar key. The problem is that they can only get valet keys that can be cloned, but they also told me that they would be more than willing to cut one off of ebay for somewhere in the 30 dollar range. Field jag in madison said they would program keys for 120. I told them I would have 2 keys and it is still 120 dollars total. ebay 35 dollars for switch blade with blank approximately 35 for cutting plus 120 programming. If I buy 2 switch blade blanks and two cutting and programming i am looking at (70+70+120=260) considering the dealer wanted 370 dollars for one of theirs and programming I thought i was doing ok. I will let you all know when Badger key gets their equipment.
Not to get your hopes up, but you may be able to do the "programming" yourself. Although I know that the XJ had a model change between '02 and '03, I think the programming method stayed the same. If you want to attempt this yourself, I'll try to find the instructions and get them to you. (was some actions like flashing the headlights, turning the ignition key 5 times in 5 secs, then pushing a button on each key to be programmed).

Here's the procedure that I used:
Note: When carrying out steps 4 to 6, all current transmitters will be erased from memory. Ensure all transmitters to be programmed (up to 5) are available before proceeding.
Note: If at any stage two chirps are emitted, then an error has occurred, if this is the case, repeat the process from step 1. When carrying out steps 1 to 7, ensure no other transmitters are operated within range of the system.
1. Open driver door (door must be open throughout the programming process).
2. Pull turn signal stalk to the headlight flash position and hold.
3. Insert ignition key and turn to auxiliary position (position 1), then release the turn signal stalk.
4. Flash headlights five times (there will be an acknowledgment chirp from the sounder, and the PATS LED will flash once).
Note: Up to 5 transmitters can be programmed. Push the second transmitter button directly after programming the first, etc. Do not repeat the complete sequence as the first transmitter will be erased.
5. Push any transmitter button (there will be an acknowledgment chirp from the sounder, and the PATS LED will flash once).
6. Turn "OFF" the ignition and remove the key, (there will be an acknowledgment chirp from the sounder, and the PATS LED will flash once).
7. Close driver door and check transmitter(s) functions.

Dunno how true this is but I read that you must complete 5 fob programming cycles, so if you only have two fobs, you do the first one once and the second you repeat 4 times after which you get the confirmation chirps to say you're done, also you should wait for a confirmation chirp after each button press. This is how I programmed mine, with no problem.

Last edited by Rob2004XJ8VandenPlas; 01-14-2013 at 02:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MidwestJag (01-15-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info. I actually can program the remote Fobs with ease. Its programming the transponder chip in the key to deactivate the car immobilizer.
Ive looked into this quite alot on the forums. At minimum I would need 2 keys, but according to what I read I am still screwed. I only have one key. I dont like paying the 120 for programming but I guess I am willing to pay it once. I got a pretty smoking hot deal on the car anyway.

Right now I am working on reverse sensors. found out the far right one is not chirping. So I figured I would switch it to the far left to double check. It does not work there either. so i assume it is the sensor, but low and behold i switched the good left one over to the far right wiring and it does not work there. Very strange. I need some more time to trace and check the wiring before I buy a new one. Found a wiring diagram on here which will help a lot.

Now I just need more time in a day to play with wiring

Have a good one

Morgan

Old 01-19-2013, 06:30 AM
Default Duplicate Key programming

Just thought I'd give everyone an update on my quest for a second key. I use a locksmith for work once a month. I was there the other day and showed him my jaguar key. I thought he would laugh me out of the place(he is a great guy) but he ended up calling a competitor for me that specializes in high security auto keys. His name is Adam Automotive Locksmith, Madison WI, Car Keys, Locks, Remotes #6082746138. He told me he could make one for 100 dollars. He told me he has the jaguar software to do it both ways but wanted to clone the key I had because its a lot easier. He does not have a home base. He is completely mobile. I was actually in the vicinity of where he was at so I went to him(his van shop) and in about 20 minutes he had a new key for me. It is not a flip key but I mainly needed a spare. My flip is working fine.

Hope this helps someone in the future if you are in the greater Madison area.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

Wonderful, captain! Thank you for sharing. This will be very useful for those of us in the area. Well done!

Scott

Old 01-20-2013, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by captainmph
Just thought I'd give everyone an update on my quest for a second key. I use a locksmith for work once a month. I was there the other day and showed him my jaguar key. I thought he would laugh me out of the place(he is a great guy) but he ended up calling a competitor for me that specializes in high security auto keys. His name is Adam Automotive Locksmith, Madison WI, Car Keys, Locks, Remotes #6082746138. He told me he could make one for 100 dollars. He told me he has the jaguar software to do it both ways but wanted to clone the key I had because its a lot easier. He does not have a home base. He is completely mobile. I was actually in the vicinity of where he was at so I went to him(his van shop) and in about 20 minutes he had a new key for me. It is not a flip key but I mainly needed a spare. My flip is working fine.

Hope this helps someone in the future if you are in the greater Madison area.
So, am I correct that the $100 was for the key itself, cutting the key, and cloning?

Old 01-21-2013, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Rob2004XJ8VandenPlas
So, am I correct that the $100 was for the key itself, cutting the key, and cloning?

Yes!

Old 02-18-2013, 02:13 PM

I posted in the Milwaukee thread but I figured I'd post here as well. I'm a new member from Milwaukee and I'm considering replacing my Volvo with an XF. I'm in the early stages and likely won't be buying a car until summer or fall but I always like to get a good head start and give myself some extra time to drool over whatever I'm buying.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Waukesha

I'm in Sunny Waukesha..............moved up from Ohio five years ago this February........

Cheers,
Hamish

2001 MY XK8
2008 MY BMW X3
2004 MY Saab 9-3
2001 MY Grand Caravan
1983 MY Maico 490
1977 MY Yamaha XT 500

Old 02-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Hamish I moved from Waukesha 2 yrs ago and moved out to Oconomowoc still in Waukesha county though.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Veteran member

I have lived in both Waukesha and Oconomowoc and enjoyed them both very much - although maybe Oconomowoc just a little bit more. Cheers, guys.
Scott

Old 02-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bd5400
I posted in the Milwaukee thread but I figured I'd post here as well. I'm a new member from Milwaukee and I'm considering replacing my Volvo with an XF. I'm in the early stages and likely won't be buying a car until summer or fall but I always like to get a good head start and give myself some extra time to drool over whatever I'm buying.
Well, I sure hope you find a nice XF -- if you can, you should search in FL, Jags are all over the place down here and so the prices seem to be a little lower than in Wisconsin. Just a thought. Be careful, of course, there's a lot of crooks down here!

Old 02-27-2013, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by OldMike
Well, I sure hope you find a nice XF -- if you can, you should search in FL, Jags are all over the place down here and so the prices seem to be a little lower than in Wisconsin. Just a thought. Be careful, of course, there's a lot of crooks down here!
I'll be searching nationwide for a car for the most part. I made concessions with my last two cars (a Volvo and an Infiniti) and ended up disappointed that I didn't hold out both times. If I get an XF I want it to be exactly what I'm looking for (and certified). Flying somewhere and driving back or having it shipped is definitely in the cards.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wind Lake

i own Sportsman's Landing on the north shore of Wind Lake. Stop in-we're a great destination in Racine County - home of the most Rustic Roads in the state. We love shiny things in our parking lot!

Sportsmans Landing Wind Lake Restaurant Bar Destination Fish Fry Happy Hour

Old 05-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Hello,

Bought a 2010 XK a couple weeks ago. Live in West Bend. Was looking for a 2005 Infiniti G35 6MT replacement, wasn't even thinking Jaguar but got tired of waiting for 2014 BRZ to hit so started searching. Glad I did! What an incredible car. As the sales manager at Imperial Jaguar told me - this car is a STUD!

BD5400 - take a look at Imperial Jaguar, they're North of Chicago, under an hour from MKE. Good inventory that seems to be replenished often and they were great to deal with! Good luck!

Old 05-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bd5400
Here's a direct link to Imperial's used inventory of XF's - many of the CPO

Imperial Motors Jaguar of Lake Bluff | Vehicles for sale in Lake Bluff, IL 60044

Connie was our sales person and was really great - excellent experience with them!

MidwestJag (05-24-2013)
Old 07-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Elkhart Lake and Road America

From Pittsburgh....with stops in Seattle and Minneapolis....wife is a born Cheesehead.....2000 XKR is from Arroyo Grande CA....now if i could only get the Jag to eat curds.

MidwestJag (07-13-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prairie du Chien here. originally from Pewaukee, wife from Waukesha.

2001 XK8 convertable and a 2006 x-type sedan.

MidwestJag (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Veteran member

nosmarts:
1. Welcome! 2. No way!, my best friend lives in PdC and I am going there today for lunch. I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Cheers,
Scott

Old 09-14-2013, 10:05 PM

LA crosse. Shoot me message if coming through. Or if ya wanna go cruizin. 2003 str....

MidwestJag (09-15-2013)

Quick Reply: Wisconsin