US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

new member intro

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 06:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default new member intro

Hi,my name is Pat,living south of boston 20 mins from Cape Cod Canal.always loved seeing jags out there on the road since a teen,loved their style etc,but couldnt afford one especially the repairs lol.came across one by accident at a auto repo business that my good friend and mech worked at.was helping him out when i could as i was going through the process of retiring early due to unexpected illness painting cars for a living.anyway i couldnt take my eyes off the 02 green s type 3.0 that in the for sale line about 5 yrs or so ago, but interior/headliner torn up quite a bit as well as other issues ,body was perfect ,so was reluctent to try and buy it.finally after a week of him watching me observing the car,he(big muscled tatooded guy) put me in a headlock and said" you better get that car for yourself,youre always doing for everybody else,time to do something for yourself"i replied i cant afford the repairs,he replied ,its a ford,i'll help you,so i bought it for what they were into it for and had it in near perfect looking and running condition till recently when i found myself in limp mode,and after finding a blown dsc fuse ,replacing it still had the fault lite on ,but only when i turn the dsc button off.i have a new cam timing solenoid going in in the next couple days( bank 2 ,drivers)per previous engine code.i love this car,my favorite car i ever owned and not giving up on it unless finances put a halt on repairs needed in the future or for present issues yet to be identified.one step at a time. its a pleasure to be associated with a group of people that share my passion for this jaguar line of classy yet sporty awesome vehicles,wasnt sure what the site was all about at first till joining to gain repair/others experiences/fixes knowledge etc but its way beyond my expectations and people are so helpful etc which in this world nowadays is hard to find.hope i can be a asset to the site ,thank you.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (08-16-2018)