US Northwest Washington/Oregon/Idaho & SW Canadians

Planning Stages

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts
Default Planning Stages

2015 is just around the corner! Can you believe it?

I wanted to start brainstorming about play-dates for 2015. Specifically the events that we want to plan ourselves. Clever has been posting a list of happenings around the area every year, so I'll leave that for another thread.

I think I've gathered that we all want: 1) more Jags on the drives, 2) more new people to feel comfortable joining in, and 3) some variety in destinations.

I was thinking we could accomplish these things by concentrating the "official" jaguarforums drives and setting dates early for people to plan. This doesn't stop people from posting up any number of more spontaneous drives or joining Marko's "Northwest Car and Driver's" group on their drives to get some extra speed and scenery. But it allows us to distinguish a few "special" gatherings that may help us draw a good crowd. I was thinking of starting a meetup.com group to advertise the gatherings as well and maybe introduce a few other area drivers to our Pacific Northwest section.

Here is a preliminary idea:

Jan/Feb - Cars and Coffee. I don't anticipate this will get many out, but just a local Seattle area breakfast/lunch and mayby a short drive for those brave souls that dare to get their car wet, and can't wait for spring to see their Jag-buddies!

Mar/Apr - Coastal drive. Leave the date open to account for weather. Maybe a loop around 101?

May/Jun - Cascades drive. Clever knows the area better than anyone! We can catch the passes as they open, and maybe beat the summer traffic.
Planning Stages-qqvm2hv.gif
(Those are mountain goats. Pretty crazy, right?)

July/Aug - Oh, Canada! Lets originate in Vancouver. US drivers can choose to come up the night before or brave the border in the wee hours of the morn. Get your passports ready!

Sept/Oct - Annual Leavenworth Drive.

Again, we'll throw some extra, spontaneous things in-between, like planning some E@RTC dates or cruising over to Snoqualmie Falls for a beer or something, but then we can be more casual, free-style, and not feel the pressure of getting numbers to those events.

Discuss?

The following 3 users liked this post by Muddydog:
CleverName (10-20-2014), Swimref (10-20-2014), XJDanny (11-16-2014)
Old 10-21-2014, 11:12 PM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Lol. Pics made me giggle.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Sounds great, love the eye catching post
Anything the team or I can do to help, please let us know

Old 10-26-2014, 10:55 AM

I forgot I wanted to squeeze a track day into there somewhere.

This was just a starting point, guys. Any thoughts, dreams or fantasies?

Old 10-26-2014, 03:09 PM

I think if we want a track day, hitting up a ProFormance beginners day may be a good idea. Turn 2 has some good local stuff, but I don't know if they do beginners.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rahtok
I think if we want a track day, hitting up a ProFormance beginners day may be a good idea. Turn 2 has some good local stuff, but I don't know if they do beginners.
Next date is December 6th. Reduced winter rate of $225! Full day with instructors -- can't beat that with a stick.

Here are the links to Proformance and the December 6 details:

One Day High Performance Driving | ProFormance Racing School

http://www.pacificraceways.com/DragR...t_Driving.aspx

Guys, I think I want to do this.

*edit - I called and they have plenty of availability. Anybody with me? December is pretty iffy, but I can't pass up a discount like that. It's more fun with ice anyway

Last edited by Muddydog; 10-30-2014 at 05:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CleverName (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by Muddydog
Guys, I think I want to do this.
If I thought the day would be decent, I'd join you just to have a few Jags play!
Unfortunately, I will not pay to run on a wet track even though you can learn an awful lot regardless!

V

Old 10-31-2014, 09:13 AM

Wet tracking can be fun, but it's a kind of stage 2 learning thing. Dry tracking, IMHO, is a better place to start. I don't care if it's overcast or cold. Just dry.

Regardless, that date won't work for me though. Is my Bday weekend and we'll be in Leavenworth!

Old 11-02-2014, 12:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in the south end and would be interested in knowing more about Jag events and/or a Jag club. Feel free to point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by andyrewj
I'm in the south end and would be interested in knowing more about Jag events and/or a Jag club. Feel free to point me in the right direction. Thanks.
You're here!

Except for the JCNA/NWA: JDRC/NWA which is the local "official" Jag club with membership dues and restoration/show opportunities. They also have two leisurely drives yearly (They just had their fall drive). We usually post all their activities on this section of the forum as well. A few of us are members and some are more active than others.

But other than that I know of no other Jag clubs in the Seattle area besides JaguarForums.com. We're a free site and we post up ideas and get together for different things, usually drives or meetings at the Exotics show in Redmond during the summer. There are tons of things going on to fill your weekends if you want them to!

Feel free, Andyrewj, to chime in and give us your thoughts! Everybody is welcome. Keep an eye on this section of the forum to see what people are planning and join in. Or let us know what you're doing and we'll join you!

I will try and send out private messages to you and all our local guys before something is going down so nobody misses out.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

If you do plan a track day I'd love to join in.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:23 AM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm in vancouver bc, but im down for anything you guys have planned just shoot me a message, would love to meet some other jag owners.

The following users liked this post:
CleverName (11-05-2014)
Old 11-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by FrozenApple
I'm in vancouver bc, but im down for anything you guys have planned just shoot me a message, would love to meet some other jag owners.
Welcome!

We have a few awesome members from your side of the border that are great to get together with!

Always glad to add another!

Vince

Old 11-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by CleverName
Welcome!

We have a few awesome members from your side of the border that are great to get together with!

Always glad to add another!

Vince
nice! would love to meet other members in the future, let me know when you guys have an event planned. I still need to fix a few more things on the car but it will be all done next year.

Jacky

Old 11-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 264 Likes on 145 Posts

I'm definitely interested in drives and in coffee meets on a Saturday or Sunday. Maybe a monthly coffee meet? I'm free next weekend for a coffee meet and though it's supposed to rain I'd still be still down!

Like Muddydog said, the local Jag club is the JDRC/NWA - JDRC/NWA
They are a good organization and they/we are discussing adding more driving events next year. It's a good club to join.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by XJDanny
They are a good organization and they/we are discussing adding more driving events next year. It's a good club to join.
That's great to hear. I haven't had time to get very involved with that as I intended. The last event I did was Jaguars on the Green a couple of years ago, but everyone was very friendly and helpful... as you'd expect, of course!

Old 12-06-2014, 09:34 AM

Any more thoughts or are you all lulled by turkey overdosage? I'll try and come up with some sort of working plan by early Jan after the holidays are over. If everyone else is half as swamped with stuff as I am (holidays are crazy) you're itching to get out of the house and get among your Jag-buddies for some R&R!!!

I updated the PNW listing. We have a C-X17 load of people on the forum! (Is that the SUV? I was trying to be funny. Anyway, it's a LOT of people!) I'm still considering setting up a Meetup group next month to advertise our crew, also.

Think we'll get an F-type to come pay attention to us? Maybe an XJS? I'd consider an E-type participation an amazing day! So if you have any further ideas about gatherings or destinations post 'em up here

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Old 12-15-2014, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,133 Likes on 1,307 Posts

What about a run to Victoria, British Columbia for Jaguars on the Island, which is the largest annual Jaguar show in North America? July 17-19 with the field show on Saturday the 18th and a slalom on the 19th. A great show. Details will be on the Victoria club website ay Jaguar Car Club of Victoria - HOME .

Old 12-15-2014, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,133 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Photos from Jaguars on the Island 2014

Attached Thumbnails Planning Stages-joti-2014-006-small-.jpg   Planning Stages-joti-2014-010-small-.jpg   Planning Stages-joti-2014-012-small-.jpg   Planning Stages-joti-2014-015-small-.jpg   Planning Stages-joti-2014-020-small-.jpg  

Planning Stages-joti-2014-021-small-.jpg