US Northwest Washington/Oregon/Idaho & SW Canadians

Your opinion please...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Your opinion please...

I mentioned before, I'm debating doing something about the wheels on my XKR. Currently I have chromed Sentas on, I like the wheel, but the chrome is just too shiny for my taste.

After some research and phone calls, I found out the most cost effective way to change them, is to powder coat them. I can choose virtually any color I want. I am debating right now between a simple silver look, or a gray look (like the car). What do you think? Any opinions, thoughts, comments?

I attached a pic of each, the chromed (current) wheels, the silver version, and one gray version from an XKR-S. My XKR is a dark lunar gray, black top.

Cheers guys!

Marko

Attached Thumbnails Your opinion please...-photo.jpg   Your opinion please...-gal_06_big.jpg   Your opinion please...-2012-jaguar-xkr-s-wheels.jpg  
Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

I can feel your frustration. I'm not a fan of Chrome on these type cars....Classics yes, but not these...
Too bad you cant find a owner willing to swap, as there are some that obviously like to bling their rides more than others.

I think a Grey would make your car a little more individualized provided you could get a close match to the body.

Even better would be to re-chrome in a dark (black) chrome!

Sadly, you shouldn't pay much attention to my color ideas.... I have trouble figuring out what color socks match Levis...

Old 05-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Marko
I mentioned before, I'm debating doing something about the wheels on my XKR. Currently I have chromed Sentas on, I like the wheel, but the chrome is just too shiny for my taste.

After some research and phone calls, I found out the most cost effective way to change them, is to powder coat them. I can choose virtually any color I want. I am debating right now between a simple silver look, or a gray look (like the car). What do you think? Any opinions, thoughts, comments?

I attached a pic of each, the chromed (current) wheels, the silver version, and one gray version from an XKR-S. My XKR is a dark lunar gray, black top.

Cheers guys!

Marko
Go with the black/gunmetal color or color match one of the darker colors on your car. It would give you a much more individual color combination.
Any choice that does not look like you have just driven it out of the showroom at the dealership would be really cool.
My 2¢ worth.

Take some pix of your car in profile and photo shop some wheel combinations on to it.
Then post some pix of your options!

It really helped me with my choice.
Regarding wheel colors Marko, I guess I am really biased.

Allan

Old 05-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

It's hard to say without a picture of your car but. But I would go with a gunmetal over silver. Silver looks to stock.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Then do the grilles, hood louvers and side vents a darker gunmetal color same as the wheels. The chrome Jaguar strip on the boot, if it has one, may need to be done also or maybe matched to the body color.
Keeping it a darker grey, closer to black, would pick up on the color of the convertible top which appears to be black-ish in color.
It certainly would look like the car Meant Business.
(If that is the look you like)
And certainly would not have any bling or a showroom look about it.

Another 2¢ worth.......

Wow it's so easy to Individualize someone else's car. cheap too.
You did ask Marko!

photoshop it

Old 05-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the Gray on your car. I think it would be a nice balance of colors. Nice looking car by the way.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks all! I think I will go with gray, not silver. Will wait a bit, money and time dictate that, but I keep you updated!

Marko

Old 05-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 139 Likes on 95 Posts

I THINK IT IS A MATTER OF TASTE I prefer Chrome wheels for my car but also like all wheels on other members cars.I have 2008 XKR only 8000 mls. silver Jupiter wheels and I'm thinking of changing to Chrome Sentas maybe we can trade or I could buy yours ?? maybe PM me.Bernie