US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

Anyone from Phoenix used Eurosport?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 10:08 PM
Received 90 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Anyone from Phoenix used Eurosport?

I’m looking for a reputable, Independent Shop that knows/specializes in Jaguar as a less expensive alternative to the Jaguar Dealer.

https://eurosportphoenix.com

Owner (Bob C.) says (On website) he opened in 2017 & came from IL, where he had Eurosport for 29 years.

The info on website looks good but, doesn’t it always?

Anyone with experience with this shop, please post comments.

Thanks!

Old 12-04-2020, 01:41 AM

So....no?
Or not enough Phoenix Jaguar owners read this.

Old 12-04-2020, 02:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 976 Likes on 662 Posts

Just happened to catch your second post here, not an hour after you posted!

I think that not many users scan the regional sections regularly. I know I don't, so it was a surprise to see your post. I think this is because the regions are so large and not often relevant to where we live.

I haven't been to Eurosport. And I guess most of the people who have been to Eurosport aren't on the forums!

After British Automotive mangled my XJ12 a few years ago, I swore no shop would ever touch my car again. Maybe I'm being extreme, but I was way over-trusting of them as a first-time customer. So if you decide to try out Eurosport, be careful and very specific about what you want for your first visit.

So there are the "recommendations" in a few other threads in this regional section. Whomever you choose, please check back in, as I will too.

Old 12-04-2020, 05:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,106 Likes on 763 Posts

I have never been to Eurosport but did have a similar poor experience with British Automotive.

For a few years now I have been taking my cars to Sports and Collector Car Sports & Collector Car Center | Full Automotive Service in the ValleySports & Collector Car Center.

Great service, they treat your car like their own and there is always interesting stuff around the shop.

The following users liked this post:
SleekJag12 (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 03:50 PM

Interesting that the only 2 replies mention bad experience with British Automotive Repair. I also had a bad experience with B.A.R!

Brought my XJ8 in summer 2018 for transmission problem (I posted on JF in detail about this issue.) I needed a new Transmission Control Module (TCM). Left the car with them & was told they test drove it for 17 miles & unable to recreate the problem I described. When I picked up the car, it had only an additional 4 miles on the odometer! (I always note mileage whenever I take my car to any shop.)

As I drove home, 8 miles later, the issue happened again.
The owner had offered (“if it happens again”) to sell me a used TCM for $250 (Part no longer made by Jaguar) + Labor. I checked eBay & many available for $25-$100.

They also had removed the engine cover & failed to replace one pushpin so, I had to go to several auto parts stores to find a replacement, which I did but, they are all too loose. Closest I found was Dorman brand, GM hood insulation retainers, part number 961 – 353

B.A.R. also left a chrome tire valve cover off.

Sloppy!

Jaguar Scottsdale Dealer charged $165/hr. Labor & B.A.R. charged $110/hr.

Old 12-17-2020, 11:24 PM
Default I now recommend Eurosport!

I had a worsening leak that was red colored. I was concerned it was transmission fluid. It was oily. My power steering fluid still full.

I took a chance & made an appointment. Spoke to Jason H., who is the new owner buying it from Bob C. who is still there but will retire.
The day b4 my appointment I got the low coolant warning light & had to add 16 oz.
Now I thought it might be coolant but why oily?

They have a very knowledgeable Jaguar mechanic (Dave) who had worked for Jaguar-Land Rover in town.

It turned out to be both a leaking (badly) water pump which was spraying coolant up onto the inside of my top engine cover & then dripping down where it joined with oil leaking out from the oil pan gasket!

Mystery solved. Coolant became oily when mixed with engine oil.

They also cleaned & power washed the front engine & oil pan area so to better inspect for further leaking after these repairs. My 2000 XJ8 had accumulated gunk.

They did what they said they would do at a reasonable price. New OEM water pump & new OEM oil pan gasket & oil/filter change. No surprise up charges. N/C for power washing & cleaning the engine. Since I usually DIY oil changes, I already had a new OEM Jaguar brand oil filter, drain bolt & Mobil 1 High mileage 5W-30 oil. They had me drop all that off & they used it instead of charging me for those supplies. It is hard to beat Walmart prices for 5 qt. Mobil 1 oil!
I even brought in my can of Liqui-Moli that I was saving to try for my next oil change.

I highly recommend this shop! Cave Creek at Greenway in Phoenix.

SleekJag12 (12-22-2020)
Old 02-17-2021, 03:19 PM
Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

A JCCA club member uses Eurosport for both his XKR and RR. Well regarded in Maricopa. Also, notable specialty shops here are Dave's Import Service on W Missouri and Sports & Collector Cars in Tempe. I've used both over the years with none of the issues that BAR has. Even bought cars from them in the past (which I currently still own and drive). Check out our JAG club website @ jcca.club for local info

Iconoclast (02-19-2021)