US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

Dallas jag mechanic?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 04:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dallas jag mechanic?

Anyone here have a suggestion for someone in Dallas that is good, honest, reasonably priced and knows jags?

Old 04-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump. I would also be curious. I use Autoscope for my BMW (excellent service) and know they service Jags as well (but have not used them for Jag repairs).

Old 04-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

JagMac. Located of of 35 and Walnut Hill has a good reputation. They've done quality work for me. JagMac.com.

The following 2 users liked this post by MikalMuh:
bjrdunn (11-16-2017), JSA (01-05-2014)
Old 04-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,638 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Dang! How'd I miss this one?!? Oh!...I discoverd Twitter recently......If you don't mind "crossing the border" - or the Trinity....get thyself out West to a rural stretch of land between Boyd and Decatur and see this forum's own Motorcarman! You will never regret having Motorcarman turn a wrench on your Jag. Bwilson you may want to ask him about Beamers - I know he specializes in Jags and VW's.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by bwilson1
Bump. I would also be curious. I use Autoscope for my BMW (excellent service) and know they service Jags as well (but have not used them for Jag repairs).
Autoscope is where I have been taking the car for the past few years (along with a few other foreign vehicles I've owned) and I'm trying to get away from them. Sure they do ok work, but a lot of the times when they fix things, I have to bring the car back a few times for the same issue, not to mention, they're very expensive.

The following users liked this post:
JSA (01-05-2014)
Old 05-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

We have had good luck with 5th Gear in Lewisville. They replaced transmission seal and water pump on our XJ8 and we've had no issues. They also replaced the air-shock pump.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I tried jag Mac, not a great experience. British Auto in Haltom City is arguably the best jag shop in the southwest. Jeff Sloan is the owner. Honest, straightforward, very deep knowledge of these cars and is totally trustworthy.

JSA (01-05-2014)
Old 09-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DFW Jag technician

I just left my Jag in British Auto in Haltom City...it;s running rough. The Jeff says he has about 50 cars he has to take care of (which is none of my business) and won't be able to look at it until the beginning of next week (towed it there today, thursday morning)....so my "baby" is sick and I can't get a diagnose until next week, and who knows when it'll be ready to come back home :'( bummer.....Jeff promised me he'd call back in the same day and he did, so far he kept his word which is good. I will give feedback about this shop, as soon as anything else happens...hopefully soon.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, Jeff's shop stays very, very busy. He does the best he can with prioritizing and timing. I call him first, describe my issue and we work out the best way to approach. Sometimes I bring it right in, sometimes I wait a week, sometimes I'm in and out in an hour. I've never felt slighted. The level of work he does attracts discriminating people and some amazing cars. I've met a couple of very interesting folks there. I hope your experience proves out well.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone use Loefler's in North Richland Hills?

Old 10-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 677 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by aholbro1
...get thyself out West to a rural stretch of land between Boyd and Decatur and see this forum's own Motorcarman! You will never regret having Motorcarman turn a wrench on your Jag.
+1. Highly recommended and worth the drive. Contact first. He stays busy.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah, jag mac, but you'll have a hard time understanding the old man's Scottish accent on the phone, best to talk to the English sounding son.

JSA (01-05-2014)
Old 11-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I take all my cars to RAC Performance in North Dallas off Midway Road just south of Trinity Mills. Bryan Chandler is their British car expert. He has been working on my cars for years. He joined RAC earler this year after MotorCars Ltd. closed thier Carrollton shop. RAC is a bit on the expensive side (get your oil changed somewhere else) but Bryan really knows what he's doing.

donaldmcclane (03-26-2016)
Old 11-03-2013, 05:36 AM

Has anyone tried Jims Jag Shop? I've been looking for a mechanic to change my front shocks and I found out about them by searching on google. This is their address, 1501 Goodnight Ln, Dallas, TX 75229.

JSA (01-05-2014)
Old 11-03-2013, 06:03 AM
Default Dallas mechanic

Gosh people, I finally got my Jag back. Ok, Mr. Brittish Auto "couldn't find what was wrong with the car" after having it in his shop for almost 3 weeks. So I towed it to "Park Place" in Lemmon, Dallas, the WORST choice of my life, taking it to the dealership. This "Place" must be great in the sales department, and they probably have good mechanics, but very poor customer service. That was the worst experience in my life, I requested a written diagnostic for my extended warranty and gave me an estimate of $300. The problem was one timing chain tensioner was worn out, so I decided to replace both and asked an estimate, $3,000 I got; fine, when I finally accepted their estimate and tell them to go on with the repair at my expense, a female assistant to service or whatever her title is, increased the estimate $300 according to her for "putting the parts back together after repairing it". Not because of the money, because of the trouble they gave me, and because of all the nonsense, I decided to tow the car somewhere else and paid the $300 for the diagnostic. A few minutes after they took my payment, the lady emailed me stating the car was sitting in the parking lot and the parts were in the trunk. So, I paid for a diagnostic and the price they gave me only included disassembling the car but not putting it back together? NEVER take your car for service in this Park Place!!!
After that nightmare and scam, I towed my baby to Jim's Jag, not a fancy place but he really was the only one to deal with my extended warranty and bring an inspector to check my car. This old man knows Jaguars, while the Park Place wouldn't state the valves and engine had no damage, Jim, after checking my car gave them what they needed with a simple test (something that Park Place's assistant to service whatever refused to provide she wanted us to first make the repair then she'll see if there was any damage)

The price Jim gave was $2200 including taxes, for OEM parts replacement and my car runs PERFECT!!! I highly recommend this old man, not a fancy place but his lot is full of Jags, he obviously knows them. My baby will always go to him if it needs repairs.

Hope my story helps,,,,
Salut!

The following 6 users liked this post by Sensoria:
AirRobert23 (11-04-2013), Cherry_560sel (01-02-2014), donaldmcclane (03-26-2016), Everest29 (11-04-2013), JagMan 98 (04-19-2016), JSA (01-05-2014) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-03-2013, 06:06 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AirRobert23
Has anyone tried Jims Jag Shop? I've been looking for a mechanic to change my front shocks and I found out about them by searching on google. This is their address, 1501 Goodnight Ln, Dallas, TX 75229.

Jim's Jag is THE BEST! great price and the old man will find whatever is wrong with your car

JagMan 98 (04-19-2016)
Old 11-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where is Jim's Jag??

Old 11-04-2013, 10:44 AM

1501 Goodnight Ln, Dallas, TX 75229
Close to SpeedZone on 35E

Old 11-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sensoria,

What is your year/model? Was yours a Jag CPO warranty or a separate warranty?

I just bought an '09 XKR from an individual with a year left on the Certified Pre-Owned warranty (which Jag just told me covers everything that the original warranty does). I'm very close to Park Place Dallas, but will take it to Park Place Plano or Autobahn in Ft. Worth if they'll fix my issues under warranty.

Thanks for the help!

Old 11-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Received 97 Likes on 66 Posts

Both Jim's Jag and JagMac are good guys. My hobby shop is in between the two so I see them often. Jim knows Jags well and has been working on them or years. You'll see everything from E-Types to late models at his shop. I would not hesitate to use him.

JSA (01-05-2014)

Quick Reply: Dallas jag mechanic?