US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

Dallas Meet and Greet

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it would be great to have a gathering on North Texas Jaguar owners. I'm in. By the way, did you know that one of the nation's longest running Jaguar clubs is located in Dallas? The Jaguar Owner's Association of the Southwest celebrates its 50 year anniversary in 2013. I have been involved in the Club for the past twenty years. We have monthly Club dinners, a variety of gatherings and get-togethers, and a fall Concours event sanctioned by Jaguar Clubs of North America. If you are interested plase contact me on this forum and/or view our website at joasw.com. Hope to see more of you!

The following 2 users liked this post by XJJags:
iamddo (07-08-2013), JimC64 (07-07-2013)
Old 07-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, I'm very much interested in joining the Dallas club. I've tried to enter the website from your above link and doesn't seems to be working. Can you email me the info... Thanks. brian.griffith2@pw.utc.com.

Brian

Old 07-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,057 Likes on 673 Posts

A lot of great suggestions. I'm sorry, next weekend is a little short notice but I would certainly encourage people to attend the show in Carrollton. Tell y'all what I am going to do is to plan to take my Jaguar to the next Christian Classic Cruisers show on July 20th since a couple of people already said they liked that show. Its soon enough to capture the momentum but far enough out that people can plan ahead. Here are the details...

Sat, July 20, 6pm – 10pm Birdville ISD Athletic Complex; Precinct Line Road & Mid-Cities Blvd; North Richland Hills, TX
$15.00 Entry Fee per participant vehicle, Spectators are FREE!! NOTE: Registration will CLOSE 2 hours after the start time. > AWARDS distributed per event: - ALL Classes will be JUDGED (class based on year/original/modified/car/truck) - Twenty-six Classes - Class Winner Plaque Awards (55 plaques - multiple per class) - Award Winner must be present at Award Ceremony - Five Special Awards: - Best Interior - Sponsor Choice - Ladies Choice - Special Interest - Special Interest > Door Prize Drawings: - Adult (1 ticket per vehicle registered) - Children (each child with registered vehicle)
Christian Classic Cruisers

If a few Jaguar people show up and put some faces with some names, then perhaps something more Jaguar-centric can be planned a bit farther out. There is a local Jaguar club and I don't think anyone on this forum means to step on anyone's toes by starting something here. Perhaps they'll get some membership out of this.
Jaguar Owners Association Southwest

Last edited by pdupler; 07-08-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 677 Likes on 551 Posts

Just adding my name to the interested parties list. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread in case someone sets up an informal meet.

p.s to the moderator: I missed your email distribution. How do I get included in the Dallas or Texas mail outs? My profile lists me as Carrollton, Texas. Carrollton is a suburb of Dallas.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Everyone is welcome to come to Carrollton Motor Club's first event this Saturday, July 13th start around 8 am, finish up around 10:30 - 11:00 am and head to Quaker Steak & Lube off Hebron Parkway & 121 in Carrollton.

Flyer is Attached!

Attached Files
Old 07-08-2013, 10:52 AM
GWS
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I am in Midlothian but would drive pretty much anywhere in DFW for a Meet/Greet.
Sounds like fun. I got the email by the way.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

A lot of great suggestions. I'm sorry, next weekend is a little short notice but I would certainly encourage people to attend the show in Carrollton. Tell y'all what I am going to do is to plan to take my Jaguar to the next Christian Classic Cruisers show on July 20th since a couple of people already said they liked that show. Its soon enough to capture the momentum but far enough out that people can plan ahead. Here are the details...

Sat, July 20, 6pm – 10pm Birdville ISD Athletic Complex; Precinct Line Road & Mid-Cities Blvd; North Richland Hills, TX
$15.00 Entry Fee per participant vehicle, Spectators are FREE!! NOTE: Registration will CLOSE 2 hours after the start time. > AWARDS distributed per event: - ALL Classes will be JUDGED (class based on year/original/modified/car/truck) - Twenty-six Classes - Class Winner Plaque Awards (55 plaques - multiple per class) - Award Winner must be present at Award Ceremony - Five Special Awards: - Best Interior - Sponsor Choice - Ladies Choice - Special Interest - Special Interest > Door Prize Drawings: - Adult (1 ticket per vehicle registered) - Children (each child with registered vehicle)

If a few Jaguar people show up and put some faces with some names, then perhaps something more Jaguar-centric can be planned a bit farther out. There is a local Jaguar club and I don't think anyone on this forum means to step on anyone's toes by starting something here. Perhaps they'll get some membership out of this.
Jaguar Owners Association Southwest

Sounds like a plan guys

Anything we can do to help promote etc etc, please let one of the mods, Richard or myself know.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Dallas Meet and Greet-car01.jpg  
Old 07-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would certainly be in!!! I live in Forney but my office is in Coppell, so I'm good anywhere in Dallas.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Birdville Complex is less than a mile from where I live...however, I have to work until 9:00 that evening..I work part time at Cabela's... :-(

Maybe some other time? We will make this work...

David

Old 07-09-2013, 11:32 AM

CORRECTION - REPOST

In my earlier repsonse I mistakenly listed an incorrect webiste address for the Dallas area Jaguar Club. The correct address is www.joasw.org. Not .com. Sorry for any confusion.

I think it would be great to have a gathering on North Texas Jaguar owners. I'm in. By the way, did you know that one of the nation's longest running Jaguar clubs is located in Dallas? The Jaguar Owner's Association of the Southwest celebrates its 50 year anniversary in 2013. I have been involved in the Club for the past twenty years. We have monthly Club dinners, a variety of gatherings and get-togethers, and a fall Concours event sanctioned by Jaguar Clubs of North America. If you are interested plase contact me on this forum and/or view our website at joasw.com. Hope to see more of you!

Old 07-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Received 97 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by moto250cr
Al, are you the guy I met over at Bill's house?

Chris
Chris, that was me. I'm up for a meet, will probably drive a Mercedes as neither of my Jags are road ready. But certainly up for a meet.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (07-10-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Al,
You mean you can't get Bill to let you take one of the 15 he has sitting over there...Come to my house and I'll let you drive the old '06 Vanden Plas. I'm going to try to make the ones on the 13th and the 20th. Wife's out of town this weekend so I may be a little "tired".

Everyone Else,
My number is 817-913-8999. Let's try to find a spot we can all park together. Call or text me when you get there and we'll try to co-ordinate. I'll be driving a black XJS convertible lump with South Carolina plates on it that you'll hear before you see it. Sorry to the purists but I've had 17 Jags and this one is still my favorite. Even though it's a half breed...XJR 100 was a very close second. Looking forward to talking Jag to you guys that can make it.

Chris D

Currently:
93 XJS Cnvt Lump(350 Chevy 6 speed), 06 Vanden Plas

Have had:
06 XJ8L, 05 XJR, 04 S Type R, 04 VDP, 03 XKR Cnvt,
02 XJR 100, 01 VDP, 99 XJ8 Cnvt, 98 VDP, 96 VDP, 95 XJS Cnvt, 95 VDP,
90 XJS Cnvt, 87 VDP and I'm drawing a complete blank on number 17...Maybe it's a sign that it's time to buy another one...

JimC64 (07-10-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hold up...I just re-read that post about this Saturday. I won't even be awake at 8:00am let alone be in Carrollton that early. I'll try to make it before you guys go on the cruising part. Will definitely be at the one on the 20th unless it rains.

Thanks!

Chris D

Old 07-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Guys, we've been discussing different shows, so I'm confused about which one we are going to use for our first gathering. Is it the morning meet at Carrollton or the evenint show at Birdville school? Why don't we concentrate our efforts on one of them?

JimC64 (07-10-2013)
Old 07-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by iamddo
Guys, we've been discussing different shows, so I'm confused about which one we are going to use for our first gathering. Is it the morning meet at Carrollton or the evenint show at Birdville school? Why don't we concentrate our efforts on one of them?
There was that, plus there were some offers of hosting something but just to get things rolling, I just went ahead and posted that I was going to the Birdville meet on the evening of the 20th. Not that I'm anybody special, just that somebody had to choose something to get the ball rolling.

I hope some Jaguar owners will go to the Carrollton event just so the event itself will be a success but being that we had barely a weeks notice and I couldn't make it myself, I figured it was too soon.

So its the Birdville meet on the 20th. Hopefully there will be a good turnout, possibly some folks from the JOASW and people can discuss what to do next. Hopefully it won't be a one-time thing.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hey guys, Pdupler please note 2 things.

Firstly if you reply quickly I may be able to get the forum banner shipped to you in time, if you wish?

Secondly if you give me an idea of likely numbers, 6 maybe 8 etc I may be able to get some JaguarForums.com decals posted out to you...

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/o...-decals-98550/

Please let me know ASAP

Old 07-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member

If I knew for sure there were going to be a dozen Jaguars show up, then I'd say send it to me and I'd figure out something to bring that we could hang it on, but right now I don't know. It may just be me, then I'd feel bad that you went to the trouble. As I said, hopefully, it won't be a one-time thing and when we're confident of the numbers, we could display the banner. Also, we do have a bona-fide local club in the JOASW and maybe they'll show up with their own banner. That's just how I feel about it right now.

JimC64 (07-11-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 07:04 AM

It's nice to know there is great interest in having the Dallas area Forum members get together. The Carrollton event is very conveninet for me, however, I'm currently out of town at a corporate retreat and will not be able to make this weekend's car show. I will also miss the July 20th show in Birdville as I'll be in WI at the Elkhart Lake vintage races that weekend. Hopefully the Carrollton show will become a frequent gathering. Is the Birdville show a monthly event? Due to the short notice for both of these events I wasn't able to get these posted on the JOASW website. However, if we can plan for something in early August I can put out a bulletin to some of my Club members and get a larger showing. Let's keep this going. It will be great meeting others in the Dallas area who love their Jaguars.

JimC64 (07-11-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 08:37 AM

XJJag I will give more notice next time. Tenatively planning on August 10th. I will email after the JU;y 13 meet. I hope you and your club members can make it.

There is a guy named Sterling I met at Indian Creek Golf Course, he has an MK2 3.8, 1962 I think. If anyone knows him please pass this along. It is a stunning car, he has another one, a 65 S I think. Hope to see anyone that can make it Sat.

XJJags (07-14-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 08:38 AM

Quick Reply: Dallas Meet and Greet