Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanic help?

i live in Orange County. Any suggestions for a good mechanic
2010 xf

Old 10-25-2018, 01:26 AM
Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Hello from South OC (Irvine)

Hi Jeuknowit,

Sorry for the late reply. I also live in the OC (whoop whoop)! I just got my XJL last month so don't have extensive history with my indie shop, but I have been taking my car to British Performance Inc in Mission Viejo. One of the members of Orange County Jaguar Club (OCJC) also recommends JP's European Auto in Huntington Beach or Performance Limited in Costa Mesa. Though I cannot speak for the latter two shops, I would thus far highly recommend British Performance Inc.

I found British Performance Inc on Yelp (they have a 5-star rating with 38 reviews as of today). My interaction with Jeff has been great so far. My new/used car threw up three early error codes, and he was careful not to overreact and do a lot of useless repairs. Instead he cleared the codes and suggested putting in clean air filters to see how that goes (all error codes were air intake/ supercharger/ manifold pressure errors). He spent 30 minutes trouble shooting my car and billed me nothing. My check engine light has not returned and my errors have cleared.

He also did my oil change/ oil filter and it was reasonable (for an XJ at least, ~$150). I asked him about my brakes, because there is a little unevenness in the rotors, and he recommended just driving with them that way as there was still a lot of life left in them. I really like the way he looks out for the value to the customer and is not looking for the fast buck. This was also highlighted in the Yelp reviews by other customer. So far I am happy with them.

If you end up using someone else, I would love to hear about your experiences. Also I am going to try to go to the next OCJC meet up. I think they meet once a month. Maybe I'll see you there (location of the next meeting is not set yet).

All the best,

Nick

Last edited by Nedoerr; 10-25-2018 at 01:30 AM. Reason: paragraph spacing