Eurocharged Stage 1 Package Group Buy!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 10:52 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

I'm excited about the getting the tune because, Matt, an XKR-S owner, with 550 hp out of the gate is happy with the tune/pulley upgrade. The same tune on our standard XKR's with 510 hp out of the gate will be phenomenal because we all end up with the same performance. Especially XKR's equipped with the dynamic pack and performance exhaust options which are the same as on the XKR-S.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not against mods or tuning. As a software engineer and accountant, I'm very analytical, and approach everything with a passion and a love of the challenge. This is why I don't understand a business offering a product not wanting to improve or understand it. If I were Eurcharged, before offering my product, I would want to know everything about it. I would also work passionately to acquire as much knowledge as possible to improve it and answer every possible question. Is Eurocharged not interested in producing a better mouse trap or acquiring the knowledge to answer so many member questions?

I feel like I'm in the middle of a tug of war. Most customers say, yes, go for it. My Jag says give it me and believe me I want to! My mind says, hey, wait a minute what is it that you are buying into... Who's going to win? The war continues.

Last edited by DGL; 02-13-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:13 PM
Received 198 Likes on 166 Posts

Nothing for the S-Type R?

Old 03-13-2014, 04:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it really is wide open. I'm hanging around till the spring to get my automobile completed. I known as Jerry within the slip and the man stated he would respect the Gigabyte price.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
I'm excited about the getting the tune because, Matt, an XKR-S owner, with 550 hp out of the gate is happy with the tune/pulley upgrade. The same tune on our standard XKR's with 510 hp out of the gate will be phenomenal because we all end up with the same performance. Especially XKR's equipped with the dynamic pack and performance exhaust options which are the same as on the XKR-S.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not against mods or tuning. As a software engineer and accountant, I'm very analytical, and approach everything with a passion and a love of the challenge. This is why I don't understand a business offering a product not wanting to improve or understand it. If I were Eurcharged, before offering my product, I would want to know everything about it. I would also work passionately to acquire as much knowledge as possible to improve it and answer every possible question. Is Eurocharged not interested in producing a better mouse trap or acquiring the knowledge to answer so many member questions?

I feel like I'm in the middle of a tug of war. Most customers say, yes, go for it. My Jag says give it me and believe me I want to! My mind says, hey, wait a minute what is it that you are buying into... Who's going to win? The war continues.
you raise very real and valid points. As software engineers ourselves we hate seeing tuning shops that are simply re-sellers of someones software from overseas.

Here is typically our process:

We have a few hundred thousand dollars invested in tuning equipment that allows us to read the software off of the car. When we go about purposing a new tuning product, we will first make sure the hardware is able to read said software as the newer cars sometimes have protocols that don't allow read/write right away.

Once we know that we need to check to make sure we have the appropriate maps for the car to be able to read the code itself. This is in laymen terms our ability to de-crypt the software into a readable hex format. Sometimes we even have to purchase that master unlock code or map itself as every car is different. Keep in mind there are hundreds of thousands of overlayed "maps" in every ecu (boost, part throttle, idle etc)

So, now we know that we can read and write to the car and can view the software in our tuning suite.

We then find a customer that is willing (or we just purchase the car) to perform the tune on a testing basis. We strap the car on our dyno and do some pulls and then start getting into the meat and potatoes of the tune itself. Within our tuning suite we already know where certain items are (boost/timing etc) as well as what are recommended values for the car and what other tuners/tunes are doing. We typically spend a few days fine tuning the software and making sure everything is good.

Our next step is unstrapping the car, and doing some road testing and tuning. As everyone knows, sometimes what you see on the dyno is not what you see necessarily on the street. So we start round 2 and work on the streetability of the tune modifying things like part throttle maps, throttle position, boost at different rpms for boosted cars etc.

Finally it's time to put some miles on her! We are not ready for production release yet, as we require some time on the road and some decent miles under her belt. During this stage we have the owner note different things about the tune and check in with goods/bads/etc. We typically go through a few revisions of the tune and then require more miles before production release.

We are always looking to better the product and will release different versions as we go. Sometimes with the newer cars a different map will be released from our software suite that will allow us more access into the tune and allow us to do different things!

I know it sounds a bit crazy, but we simply don't purchase products and apply them to cars blind. It's not a good business practice in our eyes.

A few notes about us: We are a custom tuner. This is important to note as we can and do customize the tunes for your car based on current mods, elevation, gas in your area etc! We have done some pretty cool projects including boosting NA cars using the factory ecu and not a standalone, as well as we are tuning partners for Underground Racing. If you don't know what they do now a days that is a fun one to google! lol

Make sure your tuner has a good warranty! We have one of the best in the industry! We cover your motor up to $50,000! If that doesn't tell you that we are extremely confident in our abilities I don't know what does!

Feel free to bounce us a email/PM or call us at the shop if you want to discuss further!

The following users liked this post:
Matt in Houston (03-13-2014)
Old 03-18-2014, 05:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

I can tell everyone here that the tune from Eurocharged is the real deal. I made the mistake of purchasing another tune and basically got nothing. Jerry spent hours getting my tune right and I ended up with 530HP as the wheels on my '13 XKR. I could not be happier! These guys are the real deal not resellers.

The day after the tune I attended a track day and was hitting 150-160 on the back straight of Palm Beach International in the blazing South Florida sun with no problems at all. Then turned around and drove 75 miles home with the A/C on averaging 20 MPG.

Jerry I hope it's ok with you if I post my Dyno results.

Attached Thumbnails Eurocharged Stage 1 Package Group Buy!-2013-xk-r-tuned-vs-untuned.jpg  

Last edited by MaximA; 03-18-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:01 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximA
I can tell everyone here that the tune from Eurocharged is the real deal. I made the mistake of purchasing another tune and basically got nothing. Jerry spent hours getting my tune right and I ended up with 530HP as the wheels on my '13 XKR. I could not be happier! These guys are the real deal not resellers.

The day after the tune I attended a track day and was hitting 150-160 on the back straight of Palm Beach International in the blazing South Florida sun with no problems at all. Then turned around and drove 75 miles home with the A/C on averaging 20 MPG.

Jerry I hope is ok with you if I post my Dyno results.
Glad you like it!

The following users liked this post:
MaximA (03-18-2014)