Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Official Site Sponsors > VENDOR Threads
Reload this Page >

I'm outta here... but Nalley Jaguar continues on!

I'm outta here... but Nalley Jaguar continues on!

 
  #1  
Old 12-03-2011, 06:19 AM
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: greenville,SC
Posts: 139
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I'm outta here... but Nalley Jaguar continues on!

To All,

Recently, I was offered a position at another one of the Nalley dealerships that provides an opportunity for me to grow professionally and personally, so I accepted it. With a young child under 3, and another one on the way in April, I need to do what's best for my growing family. I'm sure you all understand.

I just want to say thanks to everyone at Jaguar Forums for your support of Nalley Jaguar during my tenure here as Parts Manager. It's truly been a pleasure to work with you, our customer. I have always tried to answer each email quickly, provide an accurate part at a fair price, and generally provide a superior parts buying experience all-around. At the end of the day, I see how much Nalley is name-dropped here on the forum and I feel I've accomplished growth of our business as well as providing a valued experience to you all.

The new man in charge of Nalley Jaguar parts is David Tapia. I'll try to get David logged on in the next few days to introduce himself. He has many years of parts experience and I've explained the Jaguar Forum discount arrangement to him.

Our other staff, Steve, Mark, and Mac, will remain here at Nalley. I'll still be at Jaguar for the next couple of weeks while David gets trained up on the managerial duties.

Once again, thank you all for your support!
 
  #2  
Old 12-03-2011, 06:57 AM
joycesjag's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sunny South Carolina
Posts: 7,692
Received 1,431 Likes on 1,075 Posts
Default

Dan, you will be missed! Thank you for the pleasure of doing business with you.

I wish you well in your new journeys.

Good luck
 
  #3  
Old 12-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Glasgow, Scotland UK
Posts: 47,307
Received 8,882 Likes on 4,090 Posts
Default

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  19.3 KB

Originally Posted by nalleyjagparts View Post
To All,

Recently, I was offered a position at another one of the Nalley dealerships that provides an opportunity for me to grow professionally and personally, so I accepted it. With a young child under 3, and another one on the way in April, I need to do what's best for my growing family. I'm sure you all understand.

I just want to say thanks to everyone at Jaguar Forums for your support of Nalley Jaguar during my tenure here as Parts Manager. It's truly been a pleasure to work with you, our customer. I have always tried to answer each email quickly, provide an accurate part at a fair price, and generally provide a superior parts buying experience all-around. At the end of the day, I see how much Nalley is name-dropped here on the forum and I feel I've accomplished growth of our business as well as providing a valued experience to you all.

The new man in charge of Nalley Jaguar parts is David Tapia. I'll try to get David logged on in the next few days to introduce himself. He has many years of parts experience and I've explained the Jaguar Forum discount arrangement to him.

Our other staff, Steve, Mark, and Mac, will remain here at Nalley. I'll still be at Jaguar for the next couple of weeks while David gets trained up on the managerial duties.

Once again, thank you all for your support!
Whoa Dan, just saw this post and seen that we're losing you, to another dealership, presumably Not Jaguar?

Firstly, I fully appreciate your comments on the promotion and how it affects your both personally and professionally....I truly wish you all the best in your new job Dan. I'm sure that you will pursue this with as much vigour and enthusiasm as you did at Nalley. We were lucky enough to be a part of that and get a better experiece in dealing with the dealerships because of it.

Thanks so much for that Dan.

You will be a great loss here Dan and missed by many. Your name in conjunction with Nalley, usually put out there as " Dan at NalleyJaguar" has been mentioned here in the forum many many times, ALWAYS in a positive manner.

We look forward to getting to know David and working together with him in the future.

You are always welcome here Dan, please feel free to drop by any time.

All the best for you and your family for the festive season and the future

Jim
 
  #4  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Cadillac's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Planetarium
Posts: 11,353
Received 602 Likes on 420 Posts
Default

You have always helped people on these boards and I wish you have many happy business contracts and lucrative profits .
I am sure your successors will be also having a good job as you did
 
  #5  
Old 12-05-2011, 06:53 AM
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PHX some of the time
Posts: 101,123
Received 4,718 Likes on 4,238 Posts
Default

We'll be sorry to lose you Dan, I've never seen anything but positive comments about "Dan the man" at Nalley's and my personal experience has reinforced that.

All the best in your new position, I'm sure you will continue to be an assett to Nalley's.

David, we look forward to hearing from you on the forum, and dealing with you professionally,maybe you'ld like to stop by the new member area and introduce yourself?
 
  #6  
Old 12-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brittany France
Posts: 12,706
Received 1,205 Likes on 709 Posts
Default

Congratulations on your promotion Dan. I've only ever seen glowing reports about Dan the Man, around here.

Lets hope this continues with Dave the Deal.

We will miss you around here, all the best to you and your family for the future.
 
  #7  
Old 12-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Eustis FL
Posts: 1,920
Received 239 Likes on 208 Posts
Default

The world has no shortage of 80% performers either because they are unable to produce the last 20% or they just don't want to.

When you dealt with Dan you knew you were getting a "by God" 100% effort. While not exactly rare, these kind of people are nevertheless to be treasured and rewarded. Glad to see Nalley knows that.
 
The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (12-06-2011)
  #8  
Old 12-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Stuart S's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta suburbs
Posts: 5,264
Received 2,216 Likes on 1,440 Posts
Default Mixed Emotions

Dan,

When I learned of your leaving Nalley Jaguar for greener pastures at another Nalley dealership (Lexus?), I had mixed emotions. I'm sad to see you go since I won't be able to harass you over the counter when I come in for service. But I'm also glad for you that this is an opportunity to further your career and better provide for your family. The cream always rises to the top!

So - do you know the definition of mixed emotions? That's what the guy felt when he watched his mother-in-law drive his new XJR off the cliff!

All the best!

Stuart
 
  #9  
Old 12-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: greenville,SC
Posts: 139
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Thank you for the high praise! To feel appreciated - by both my customers and by my company - truly feels great. As the saying goes, "just doing my job".

Again, Nalley Jaguar will remain a sponsor of this forum because it's a win-win for everyone. We're able to do business and customers are able to save money.

BTW, do any of you also own a Volvo?
 
  #10  
Old 12-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 470
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts
Default

Dan,

Just wanted to drop a quick line and say thank you again for all of your help.

I had ordered various items from you and your team over the last few months and I am sure you probably remember me (replacement OEM Jaguar leather seat cover, OEM connectivity systems, and most recently the premium mocha carpet mat set for my S-type).

I wish you nothing but the best of luck.

P.S. - I plan to order the wood & leather steering wheel accessory soon. I look forwards to continuing to order from Nalley.

Best Regards
 
  #11  
Old 12-14-2011, 04:11 PM
baycliffpwds's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 281
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congratulations

Congratulations on your new appointment. You will be missed here. Best wishes to you and your family.
 
  #12  
Old 12-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Damon /Houston, Texas
Posts: 6,937
Received 1,751 Likes on 1,158 Posts
Default

Ahem, i have a volvo too, but we're also a volvo dealer good luck, you know this business is a regurgitation and has lots of doors, some even revolve. Good luck on your new venture, at least your still foreign.
Merry christmas
 
  #13  
Old 01-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by nalleyjagparts View Post
Thank you for the high praise! To feel appreciated - by both my customers and by my company - truly feels great. As the saying goes, "just doing my job".

Again, Nalley Jaguar will remain a sponsor of this forum because it's a win-win for everyone. We're able to do business and customers are able to save money.

BTW, do any of you also own a Volvo?
Dan,

New member, just saw your post.

* 98 XK8
* 02 Volvo XC 70. We picked this up in Sweden, a wonderful experience. Located in Greensboro, GA near Lake Oconee.

Ross
 
  #14  
Old 01-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Posts: 1,249
Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by nalleyjagparts View Post
BTW, do any of you also own a Volvo?
I have exclusively owned Volvos until I bought the Jag and still moderate multiple Volvo forums. Need some ins to other Volvo sites?
 
  #15  
Old 01-31-2012, 11:44 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Roanoke, Va
Posts: 7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

sorry to see you leave but good luck on the new job. Hope everything works out for you... use an opportunity as a springboard for greater opportunities, if you are not moving ahead you are moving behind.
 
  #16  
Old 01-31-2012, 03:19 PM
XJL
XJL is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 830
Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
Default

I recently placed an order for a bottom grille at Nally and spoke to Mark. The service was outstanding and the price with the free shipping was better than the two other places I checked, including the local dealer. It was shipped to my door in one week!
 
The following 3 users liked this post by XJL:
Cadillac (02-01-2012), JimC64 (01-31-2012), jimlombardi (02-04-2012)
  #17  
Old 01-31-2012, 06:44 PM
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Glasgow, Scotland UK
Posts: 47,307
Received 8,882 Likes on 4,090 Posts
Default

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  19.3 KB



Originally Posted by XJL View Post
I recently placed an order for a bottom grille at Nally and spoke to Mark. The service was outstanding and the price with the free shipping was better than the two other places I checked, including the local dealer. It was shipped to my door in one week!
Thanks for dropping by with the positive experience XJL.......good to know!
 
  #18  
Old 07-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Stuart S's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta suburbs
Posts: 5,264
Received 2,216 Likes on 1,440 Posts
Default Nalley Jaguar Gone From Atlanta

Nalley Jaguar in Atlanta (Roswell) was recently purchased by Hennessy Auto Group. The former Nalley operations were moved to the Hennessy NorthPoint Land Rover / Jaguar dealership on Holcomb Bridge Road in Roswell. That's a short distance from Nalley's previous location, which was closed. Some of the former Nalley employees are now employed by Hennessy.

It appears that Nalley's Greenville, SC Jaguar dealership is continuing to offer discounts on parts.

.
 
  #19  
Old 07-31-2012, 02:32 PM
H20boy's Avatar
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ft Worth, TX
Posts: 11,302
Received 1,039 Likes on 702 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stuart S View Post
It appears that Nalley's Greenville, SC Jaguar dealership is continuing to offer discounts on parts.
That's definitely good news! Are they aware of 'the forum', and is there some supersecret password or a gatekeeper's name we need to ask for when calling? I don't want to be laughed at for implying some sort of 15% discount and free shipping if I spend more than $25.
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
SD96XJ6L
XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 )
13
09-12-2015 11:37 PM
paulyling
Mark V - X 420G
0
09-01-2015 08:21 PM
MC36
US Lower Atlantic
0
09-01-2015 07:34 PM
Thia
X-Type ( X400 )
2
09-01-2015 10:36 AM
plums
General Tech Help
0
09-01-2015 06:34 AM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm outta here... but Nalley Jaguar continues on!


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: