Wheels / Tires, Suspension & handling Wheels and Tires. Discuss sizes, fitments, offsets, profiles etc etc Discuss roll bars, springs, shocks etc for your Jaguar
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kumho Ecsta LE Sport - $100 Rebate

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Kumho Ecsta LE Sport - $100 Rebate

I see that Kumho is running a $100 rebate on Kumho Ecsta LE Sport tires. I am just about ready to purchase new tires for my XJR and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with these. Currently I am running Toyo Proxes T1R (on the car when purchased) and I'm not really happy with them and they don't seem to be very well reviewed, so here I am looking for a different model.

I live in the Seattle area, so I need a tire that will have decent rain qualities to avoid excessive hydroplaning in our 9 months of rain!

Old 10-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

FWIW, I've heard really good things about those Kumho's. Since they seem to be running on such a good sale, I may get a set myself. I'm in pretty bad need of a few tires on the rear of the car, and I could always save the extra two.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,618 Likes on 874 Posts

MidlifeXJR
Did you buy the Kumho tires? If you bought them, let me know how you like them. I just ordered 4 Kumbo Ecsta LX Platinum - Grand Touring All Seasons tires. I was impressed by all the good reviews posted on the internet. I have our winter tires (Michelins Ice tires) on our XJ8 now and plan to do the tire change over next week.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts

I have Kumho AST all seasons and they are the quietest of the five sets of tires I have had on my Jaguar (Falken two models, Goodyear, Achilles and Kumho). Great grip and all-weather handling, plus they are inexpensive.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jimlombardi
MidlifeXJR
Did you buy the Kumho tires? If you bought them, let me know how you like them. I just ordered 4 Kumbo Ecsta LX Platinum - Grand Touring All Seasons tires. I was impressed by all the good reviews posted on the internet. I have our winter tires (Michelins Ice tires) on our XJ8 now and plan to do the tire change over next week.
Sorry for abandoning this post... I had a lot of family things going on and I didn't have the email replies turned on... so I completely forgot about this post!

I nursed the tires for another couple of months, and then of course, the good deals were gone! I ended up getting the Michelin Pilot Sport AS Plus. They worked well in the snow and rain that we had over the course of the last two months, but to be perfectly honest, I don't think I would buy them again. They just don't have enough sport characteristics. They are a bit too soft in the sidewall, and the round edge makes them a bit too vague in the steering! This is going to be a challenge to find the tire that suits Seattle, the R, and my drving tastes!