X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02-X..issues,DSC Failure,ABS,check engine,door Handles

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:49 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 02-X..issues,DSC Failure,ABS,check engine,door Handles

ok so we just picked up my gf's x-type (we will be shareing this account) and there were a few issues that were supposeto be repaired before vehicle delivery, normally i wouldnt have accepted delivery of a car with these issues seeing that they were pre-discussed proir 2 purchase, but my gf needed the car on the road asap because her dads car kicked the bucket and they have been renting a car for 2 weeks.
1. so the 2 front doors are almost impossible to open from inside, it is obvious they attempted a repair because the door pannels arent on right (im gonna end up doing the fit and finish on most of their f-ups, i can already tell this dealer sucks) is this a common issue? you ca pull the handle it will go smooth then it will get to a point where you thing it should have released and stop, then you have to really put excessive pull on it to get it to pop open. back doors are nice and smooth. any1 have this issue?

2.DSC (or DCS sorry cant remember what its called) on the DIC on the dash cluster says "DCS failure not functuoning" i can still turn it on and off but it keeps showing this error message. is this the steering position sensor? how common is this and what is the repair?

3. ABS light, dealer said they ordered some sort of new connector for it that goes in the steering colum (i think they ment they ordered a steering position sensor for the DCS, if these cars have them) is there anything with the ABS that would be in the steering colum?

seeing the state of the door handles this car obviously shouldnt have passed safety, it was also in the agreement for new rotors and pads to be put on, rotors are a little warped, cant really notice it but i was looking really hard for any issues to have put on the agreement.
any input appreciated

Old 08-14-2008, 02:57 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: 02-X..issues,DSC Failure,ABS,check engine,door Handles

oh sorry forgot to add, oppening the doors from outside to get in work perfect, it is only when you try 2 get out of the car.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 02-X..issues,DSC Failure,ABS,check engine,door Handles

Door Handles: You'll have to remove the door panel and re-attach the cable correctly. This is kinda hard for me to explain, but if you remove the door panel, it'll be self explainatory. Or you can just take it to a Body Shop and have them do it. I'm sure they won't break you off too much.

DSC: When I had this problem, my brake switch wasn't attached to the plate under the steering column. Turn on the car and see if the brake lights are stuck on. If so, that's your culprit. You'll have to re-attach it. Again, hard to explain, but when/if you see it, you'll know what to do.