X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'03 X-Type door stuck

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 07:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '03 X-Type door stuck

My front passenger door stopped working while it was closed and locked. Nothing I have tried will unlock it from the inside or from the key or fob. I would love to take the door panel of and troubleshoot it from there, but with the door shut I can imagine I would have to cut it off.

All other doors and locks work fine with the fob and using the driver door lock, as well as unlocking the driver door from the inside. Can anybody assist me in unlocking my passenger door? The windows and security system are also working properly.
I would like to find a wiring diagram for the central locking system so I can send voltage through the unluck wire, if that's possible. So far all I have found is people having trouble with doors they can open from the inside.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Hi ,marciano,

Try a good doze of wd40 or dry lube after you have given the door a hard push to see if it clicks and locates properly?

I would be patient and leave the lube to penetrate and try to jiggle the locking between 1 and 2 stage locking.
Have a look at the handbook, it is a 2002 one but I am positive it is the same as yours.
http://www.jaguar.com/content/market...s_Handbook.pdf

I would really advise not to try to cut the door off, hang in there!!!
GOOD LUCK, plus don't give up, however if it is defianatley no-go, then you will have to pay for the job as I certainly wouldn't cut the door off.
Regards, Stu

Old 04-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by marciano
My front passenger door stopped working while it was closed and locked. Nothing I have tried will unlock it from the inside or from the key or fob. I would love to take the door panel of and troubleshoot it from there, but with the door shut I can imagine I would have to cut it off.

All other doors and locks work fine with the fob and using the driver door lock, as well as unlocking the driver door from the inside. Can anybody assist me in unlocking my passenger door? The windows and security system are also working properly.
I would like to find a wiring diagram for the central locking system so I can send voltage through the unluck wire, if that's possible. So far all I have found is people having trouble with doors they can open from the inside.

I had the same problem brother but with my drivers door. I had to take it to the dealership cause everything I tried would not get it open...I tried for an hour to get inside that baby and turns out my line and mechanism snapped and they had to replace it. It was expensive to have done but hey...I gotta get in my car and I am not doing it General Lee style...

Old 04-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Veteran Member

Hi again marciano,

Ps thanks Bracester!! I had that in my old rover and its a pain being rather tall and catching my feet all the time, I know exactkly how you felt!!
Plus, has the weather been playing you up? A good hosing with warm water may assist you, Good Luck!!
I know I may be going over old ground now but could it be a security glitch, ie the ECU/immobiliser doesn't seem to recognise the door so could a hard reset be done, just for piece of mind by disconnecting the battery after you've had another think?

I wish I was there to help?
Stu

Old 04-11-2014, 12:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the advice - I discovered you can actually pull the top portion of the panel away from the door far enough to move the lock/latch cable.
Apparently I will still have to disassemble the door to lubricate the mechanism because it is now not locking with the fob even though I was able to open the door.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:40 AM
Veteran Member

Marciano,

Thanks for the update, you are winning then!

Here's a couple of posts that should help, Good Luck!!!

Regards, Stu Hang in there!!!

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...l-removal-954/

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...removal-22729/