X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03' X-Type Navigation questions. Please help me out!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03' X-Type Navigation questions. Please help me out!

Okay so here is the quick run down. I have an 03' X-type non-nav model. As of right now I have an after market in dash with motorized touch screen. Now it sounds all nice but honestly I hate it. I don't like the way it looks and when the screen comes out it blocks the a/c controls. So what I am getting at is I want to do a conversion to the stock nav. Now I read all the previous posts on this I could find and from what I understand it is very difficult and expensive. Now I saw a couple on eBay for around a grand which was the nav unit and the actual screen that goes into the dash. Well I can't afford that so what I was curious is that if I can use the dash unit w/o the actual nav unit that goes into the trunk. I say this because I don't need the sat nav plus I can get just the in dash part for MUCH cheaper without the nav box. So I wanna know if the unit will function without having the navigation attached.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

Shinigami, no it will not. All the maps and whatnot are on the DVD. So, without the player in the rear, you won't get much on the screen when using the nav. The rest of the features (CD, radio, A/C controls, etc) will work just fine.

I wish the news was better, but they do that on purpose to make sure you get the whole system and not just key parts.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I really don't care about the sat nav I just want the stock screen to at least let me control the a/c and radio stations and crap like that. So if it would work with those things I'm fine.