X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 Wagon ac help needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Wagon ac help needed

So the AC hadn't actually been blowing as cold as it should be for a while but it worked. Last week dead battery turns into (legit) bad alternator. Get both replaced and straight out of the shop AC blows room temp air/slightly warm only. No cold air at all. shop of course says issues are unrelated and the AC compressor needs to be replaced

When I measure the pressure to see if a recharge makes a difference it will not recharge and pressure is well in the red zone.

Best way to troubleshoot to confirm diagnosis?

oh yeah and where the hell is the compressor?

Thanks...

Old 10-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts

Ok the compressor is on the bottom passenger side. Check to see if your clutch kicks in or not. Then check your fuse also your relay. Relays are near your battery and fuses are under the drverside foot well.

Good luck,
The Dr!

Old 10-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Received 286 Likes on 234 Posts

Roger: The good Doctor is correct on the A/C compressor location. This serpentine belt diagram may also help:

05 Wagon ac help needed-jaguar-serpentine-belt-ac-compressor-location.png

Permit me to ask a dump question: Does the A/C blow cold air when the engine is cold, e.g., before the engine warms up in the morning?

If 'yes', your A/C may be fine, and the problem could be just a stuck temperature blend door.

Our Jags don't use a valve to turn coolant flow on & off to the heater core. Instead, they use a temperature blend door to direct air either thru or bypassing around the heater core. This blend door has a tendency to get stuck, causing air to always blow hot, or always blow cold. If your blend door is stuck such that it always directs air thru the heater core, then you'll get hot air even with the A/C running, except when the engine and coolant have not yet warmed up for your morning drive.

If this is the situation, let me know and we'll walk you thru how to fix a stuck blend door.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:43 AM
Received 286 Likes on 234 Posts

Sorry, but I just re-read your post and see that the A/C pressure is low & won't recharge. I guess the stuck air temperature blend door was just wishful thinking on my part.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not necessarily. ...

Originally Posted by dwclapp
Sorry, but I just re-read your post and see that the A/C pressure is low & won't recharge. I guess the stuck air temperature blend door was just wishful thinking on my part.
As it may be the reason it didn't blow that cold for years before.

That said could the alternator replacement have triggered this problem? Shop says no but they would say that wouldn't they?

Old 10-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts
Default ac

Check to see if the ac.plug is attached. Maybe they forgot to plug it in or its not on all the way.

Just a thought,
The Dr!