X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 face lift to 2010

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 face lift to 2010

Hi im interested in changing my grill on my x type to a more upto date style.. like the ones on the 2010 on wards... i was wondering if this is possible to do this as by the looks of it.. the bonnet and bumber hasn't changed so iv been thinking of updating the grill.. any advise?

Old 06-04-2017, 05:14 PM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Welcome to the forum David,

I've moved your question from Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Centre to X-Type forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 06-04-2017, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 393 Likes on 289 Posts

schroll through the thread you can see the comparison from old to new,tsuper easy to fit

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...s-info-102632/

Old 06-10-2017, 01:47 PM
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

The last year of X-Type is 2009, you won't get any thing be on that year, not many things have changed on the car body all those years (very little), usually you can up grade from the first MY to the last MY or the after market components.

Old 06-11-2017, 04:31 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by David Ashley Johnson
Hi im interested in changing my grill on my x type to a more upto date style.. like the ones on the 2010 on wards... i was wondering if this is possible to do this as by the looks of it.. the bonnet and bumber hasn't changed so iv been thinking of updating the grill.. any advise?
really easy to do go for it

Old 06-11-2017, 04:37 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagisbest
really easy to do go for it
i have one of the last x types registered i think. The More modern gril makes the car look much sportier and the latest reg you will find is a 59 reg car

Old 06-11-2017, 05:19 AM
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

But when you see the price of the grill you just may change your mind.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 552 Likes on 377 Posts

If I had a 09 with the last version of the grill I would be wanting to retrofit to the earlier chrome grill.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can agree with Spike here... I love the new 'sporty' style, and it does seem more in tune with the current Jaguar design ethos, however one of the reasons I love the X-Type is the more traditional styling. I am currently looking at 'restoring' my car (due to a sentimental value), I plan to stick everything 'original', however the one style change I could be tempted with is replacing the grey veins for the chrome ones, but even then I know I would always be aware that it was not how my car looked on the day she left the factory, or the day I picked her up!

From what I remember, I had someone throw eggs at my car when it was about 3 weeks old (back in 2002!) and I had to remove the grille to clean it all up... there were a few screws and that was about it. With the grille off, the car did actually look a lot like the later version (only with a view right through to the radiator) - So perhaps I should have Jaguar credit me with the design idea from all those years ago!!!!

On a serious note, I have seen a few of the later models being broken for spares (rear damage cars perhaps in your case?). This might be a good place to start looking? I believe they are all still plastic and painted in the appropriate colour. Good luck!

Last edited by MrMonkey; 07-13-2017 at 05:53 AM.