X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Jaguar X Type 3.0 Auto vs Acura RSX Type-S

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Jaguar X Type 3.0 Auto vs Acura RSX Type-S

Hey guys, So I was on a stoplight turning left to go on a ramp to the freeway, when I see a RSX-S stop rapidly so when the light turned green I just calmly gained speed, and while on the ramp the 2 lanes merge into 1 while I was first he floored it and cut me off on the shoulder. THIS MADE ME REALLY MAD!. So I floor it and I catch up to him while we just got on 2 lane freeway. So he downshifts and floors it I see that and follow, we started from around 70-110mph and I started 1 car length behind on the left lane and I was barely catching by the time I caught around 100mph he stopped flooring it. He didnt have a badge if it was RSX-S or the base model, but he had an aftermarket exhaust. I know an X-Type isnt really a race car, but do you think I could beat a RSX-S from a highway roll?

Old 09-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 266 Likes on 210 Posts

So...you were provoked by the inconsiderate driving of someone and then did over 100mph on a public road while really mad?

If someone cuts me off, I may at most sound the horn, then go about my business while maintaining a safe distance (especially important since that someone has just shown himself to be a particularly bad driver). Nothing you do after the injustice has happened will make it right so why bother?

The one time I flashed lights & sounded the horn at someone who overtook me in a curving uphill on a rainy night, they went right in front of me and slammed the brakes. Thanks to some properly quick braking I just barely avoided rear-ending him. I was so shocked I didn't really even react to the stick-figure of a man, a head shorter than me, who came to open my door (another car without auto-locking) and started shouting at me. Before I could recover and break him apart, he ran back to his car and drove away.

So the story here is, don't be provoked, don't provoke. You don't know what kind of a mental case might be in the other car.

Last edited by Aonsaithya; 09-05-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Added a story.
The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (09-06-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 05:45 AM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

My thoughts exactly!

Old 09-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Ah yes it was "in the heat of the moment" springs to mind as I think "we" have all made the odd rash judgement from time to time.
I was in my first car parked and away to move off in the UK when a young "lady" swerved right across from the other side and just managed to brake before her car was an inch from my drivers door and I saw her clearly almost face to face about 4 feet away.
I thought this is an idiot but held my thoughts for a second and then she scowled at me with angry eyes.... "What the hell are you DOING!" I screeched and she stared at me long and hard before murmuring "It's only a fu*king ROVER!"
Boy I thought as she pulled back and turned away..... She was Beautiful......... And Boy was SHE FU**ING STUPID!!

I have had many potential incidents arriving from people not thinking and turning or swerving like an idiot or overtaking without any forethought for the other road users and I try to think it's all in a day and MAYBE the other driver is distracted, someone is sick or they are just "In a Hurry" as when something happens "they didn't see you!!"
I have since sold my old rover a long time gone and remember that day like yesterday, the feeling I get was it was MY FIRST CAR! Just remember to look after yours...
Regards, Stu

Last edited by Stuart Beattie; 09-06-2013 at 06:07 AM. Reason: spelling bad boy! :)
Old 09-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Funny enough I have also been egged on by an Rsx type s. It looked typical ricer with huge spoiler,5in exhaust pipe, lowered, and extremely loud. He kept following me and pushing me to step on the gas. We came to a stoplight and he launched like crazy and I was still driving normally. He proceeded to fall behind me again and we were going around 40 and he slammed in 2nd gear and tried to pass me. I accelerated a few seconds afterward and completely demolished him. He was too embarrassed to follow me close after that.
So yes you should be able to beat it on a roll. He might get you on a launch but remember: there is no replacement for displacement

Old 09-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 392 Likes on 289 Posts

if you are going down hill you will win every time,

Old 09-09-2013, 10:32 PM

My opinion, Having owned both a 2002 Type S in college and 3.0 X-Type currently. Unfortunately no way, not even close.

Maybe a non type S though.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Verbatim21
My opinion, Having owned both a 2002 Type S in college and 3.0 X-Type currently. Unfortunately no way, not even close.

Maybe a non type S though.
Well My Jaguar has hung with my dads Honda Accord V6 Sedan Auto, even though he had like 200+ Pounds on me , and beat me by 1/2 car length from 60-100mph, but most defenitely my Honda Accord will beat a Type s thats for sure.