Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 X-Type Manual Parts Car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 10:07 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2002 X-Type Manual Parts Car?

Hi Everyone,

I live in Utah near Salt Lake. I picked up a 2002 Manual X-type as a parts car for my son's car. (He slid his into a curb last snow storm). Anyway. The car is beat up, has dents all over and will have damaged suspension on right side. ( I needed that for the son's car) The motor 2.5L and transmission have 129,000 miles on them and the motor is running rough. It sounded like it had an engine knock, but ended up being a shredded belt that is slapping the engine. It throws codes, is straight piped, has a cosmetic scoop glued on the top as well as a fin in the back. The best part is pins they drilled into the hood to hold it down.

That being said the transmission felt good and it would be fun to get running for the next demolition derby or maybe cross country rally. I needed the rims and so it will have spares on three of the wheels with a 10 spoke 16 inch rim. The other 16 spoke rim is chipped although it still holds air. So when all is said and done, I am looking to get it out of my garage before my wife gets too upset with me. You can have this beauty if you come pick it up for the low, low, price of $200.

I will try to post photos. (Warning, It is a child only a mother could love) Let me know if you are interested. Once I get the good front suspension stuff swapped I will be hauling it to the wreckers if they will have it.

In all reality I would rather see it go to someone in the forum first.

Thanks,

David

Old 06-09-2019, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey do you have this

Originally Posted by ddsand
Hi Everyone,

I live in Utah near Salt Lake. I picked up a 2002 Manual X-type as a parts car for my son's car. (He slid his into a curb last snow storm). Anyway. The car is beat up, has dents all over and will have damaged suspension on right side. ( I needed that for the son's car) The motor 2.5L and transmission have 129,000 miles on them and the motor is running rough. It sounded like it had an engine knock, but ended up being a shredded belt that is slapping the engine. It throws codes, is straight piped, has a cosmetic scoop glued on the top as well as a fin in the back. The best part is pins they drilled into the hood to hold it down.

That being said the transmission felt good and it would be fun to get running for the next demolition derby or maybe cross country rally. I needed the rims and so it will have spares on three of the wheels with a 10 spoke 16 inch rim. The other 16 spoke rim is chipped although it still holds air. So when all is said and done, I am looking to get it out of my garage before my wife gets too upset with me. You can have this beauty if you come pick it up for the low, low, price of $200.

I will try to post photos. (Warning, It is a child only a mother could love) Let me know if you are interested. Once I get the good front suspension stuff swapped I will be hauling it to the wreckers if they will have it.

In all reality I would rather see it go to someone in the forum first.

Thanks,

David
If you have this I will.buy the key ecm and cluster call me

3073890021 Adam

Thanks

Old 06-09-2019, 07:17 PM
Default Hey

By the way I live in rs wy not far from you

Let me know I just got a 02 x type 2.5 mt its throwing pecus "e" and they guy says he thinks it jumped time but it doesn't add up they drive it to work and when they left it wouldn't start

Old 06-09-2019, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 709 Likes on 634 Posts

Pecus e is NOT "jumped timing", lmfao!!

PECUS [Programming Electronic Control Unit(s) System]

In case any of the messages listed below are displayed on the Message Center this indicates that
the Control Module, (CM), referred to is not programmed correctly and must be replaced by a
new PECUS programmed CM.

Each CM has a code, listed below, which will appear if a fault develops. Each code also has its
own position in the Message Center display, as shown in Illustration 1.
PECUS (Programming Electronic Control Unit) always appears before this type of message.
I Instrument Pack
R Driver Rear Door Control Module
S Security and Locking Control Module
K Passenger Rear Door Control Module
DD Driver Door Control Module
PD Passenger Door Control Module
D Driver Seat Control Module
P Passenger Seat Control Module
B Body Processor Module
E Engine Control Module
A ABS Control Module
T Transmission Control Module"

Post #4 =

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...rror-e-210917/

Last edited by Dell Gailey; 06-09-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Default Lol

Originally Posted by Dell Gailey
Pecus e is NOT "jumped timing", lmfao!!
That is what I thought that's a ecm error rights? Also has code p1637 any ideas?

Old 06-10-2019, 12:56 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Adam,

I ended up donating that car to the Bountiful High School Shop. Mr Winkler is the teacher. From what I understand they are going to junk it eventually. You may want to contact him. His email is on the bountiful high school website. If there is a way to fix it without getting the new parts I am sure Dell and Thermo will know how. They have helped me immensely and are the reason I keep buying these cars.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 709 Likes on 634 Posts

CAN network codes. The CAN is a twisted pair wire network in which the modules in your car "talk to each other". The P1637 is for the communication between the ECM and TCM.