X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for information on BRG production numbers and options

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Looking for information on BRG production numbers and options

How would I find out how many BRG X-Types were made with the black interior in the US? I have an '04 BRG 3.0L with the Sport Package (not a sport, just the package).

Old 11-12-2018, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,135 Likes on 1,309 Posts

There is no way of determining the number of cars in a specific colour and trim combination. Records were and are not kept of numbers in any of the normal colours offered. But BRG is not a common colour on the x-Type.

Old 11-12-2018, 05:25 PM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Originally Posted by chknhwk
How would I find out how many BRG X-Types were made with the black interior in the US? .....
That's a very easy question to answer - ZERO. All the X-Types were made at the Halewood factory near Liverpool in England.

I have always found it extraordinary that Jaguar claim NOT to hold production records by colour but can provide full specifications (including paint and trim) for each individual vehicle produced in the last twenty years or more. There seems to be no logical reason to withhold information which is of interest to many owners.

Graham

Old 11-13-2018, 12:06 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by GGG
That's a very easy question to answer - ZERO. All the X-Types were made at the Halewood factory near Liverpool in England.

Graham
What a difference a preposition can make! My brain interpreted the question as "made FOR the US". Jaguar's record keeping is nowhere near precise enough to permit colour and market determination. They are unable, for example, to tell how many Series III XJ V12 Van den Plas cars were made for any specific model year for Canada. They can determine how many were made in a *calendar* year and sold to Jaguar Canada but that is an entirely different thing because such a determination includes cars built for two different model years.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:37 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Originally Posted by sov211
What a difference a preposition can make! .....
Wars have begun over such trivial differences!

Your comment about the Series III set me wondering when specification printouts from the Jaguar Direct Dealer Warranty System became available. The earliest I have is for my 2000MY XK8. The three page printout gives the entire specification. I include part of the first page here which gives both paint and trim colour:

It also gives the distributing dealer (in this case it was Hauswirth Jaguar in Achen, Germany).

The equivalent must therefore be available for all Jaguars from the same era onwards so it is nonsense for Jaguar to claim they do not have the data on colour by market.

At least the Calendar and Model Year discrepancy was resolved from 2014 when they were finally harmonised. As i recall the Model year goes back to the days when the factory closed in August for the holidays and the new Model Year was introduced when it re-opened in September.

Graham

Old 11-13-2018, 05:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

I think they have the data but it's only sometimes that you manage to contact someone able or willing to dig into it.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by GGG

I have always found it extraordinary that Jaguar claim NOT to hold production records by colour but can provide full specifications (including paint and trim) for each individual vehicle produced in the last twenty years or more. There seems to be no logical reason to withhold information which is of interest to many owners.

Graham
Haha! Good catch! I did actually mean how many were built in British Reaching Green and the black interior that made it to the States. The ONLY other ones I've seen were in the UK which leads me to believe they were not offered over here.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

I'm not 100% sure, but weren't the Aruba wheels fisrt offered in 2005? Also, it seems that before 2005 you could find X-Types with the sport package in a lot of colors, like blue and green. From 2005 on it seemed like they only came in black, silver or gray. Not sure if that was the case, but I remember when I was first looking for mine those were the only colors you could find and I looked a good eight months before I found mine. I wanted a 2005 because I had to have a manual 3.0 liter and the carbon fiber alcantara interior. If that was the case, I wonder why they limited the color choices on the sport models.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Alfadude
I'm not 100% sure, but weren't the Aruba wheels fisrt offered in 2005? Also, it seems that before 2005 you could find X-Types with the sport package in a lot of colors, like blue and green. From 2005 on it seemed like they only came in black, silver or gray. Not sure if that was the case, but I remember when I was first looking for mine those were the only colors you could find and I looked a good eight months before I found mine. I wanted a 2005 because I had to have a manual 3.0 liter and the carbon fiber alcantara interior. If that was the case, I wonder why they limited the color choices on the sport models.
I have a Canadian X-Type brochure in front of me, 2004 model year.The Sport is listed as being available in the following colours:Platinum, Quartz, Ultraviolet, Ebony, Salsa Red and British Racing Green. The colour range for the other models was wider and in addition to those listed for the Sport model included: White Onyx, Zircon, Pacific Blue, Radiance Red and Jaguar Racing Green (different from BRG, which is darker and a solid, not metallic colour)...and the Sport package included the 18 inch Aruba wheels - so these were available before 2005...HOWEVER,there may be some confusion because the same name (Aruba) is applied to two totally different wheels. In the 2007 brochure (again, in front of me), the wheel listed as Aruba is 18 inches and has 15 narrow spkes (beautiful!);; in the 2005 brochure (in front of me) the Aruba wheel is also 18 inches but has 5 DOUBLE spokes - not at all the same. Jaguar does this to provide lasting entertainment to people like us.

Old 11-16-2018, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

To this day I still think the Arubas are some of the nicest wheels on any car.....the double 5 spoke ones. Hard to find if you need a replacement, even for refurbished ones. I had to replace two of mine over the years when I owned it. Not cheap nor easy. So, for anyone with those wheels I would suggest if you find a replacement at a reasonable price, buy it right away to have as a spare because otherwise if something happens (and it always does at the most inconvenient time) you will be able to get back on teh road right away and not be held hostage.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:42 PM

Returning to this topic - has anybody SEEN a BRG with the black interior in the US? I am trying to narrow down whether I have the only one in America or not....

Old 02-27-2019, 09:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 709 Likes on 634 Posts
Old 02-28-2019, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dell Gailey
Haha! F you, LOL It's a different question since I haven't actually received an answer yet. :P

Old 06-10-2019, 12:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chknhwk
Returning to this topic - has anybody SEEN a BRG with the black interior in the US? I am trying to narrow down whether I have the only one in America or not....
Yes; I have seen a couple in the DC area.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 552 Likes on 377 Posts

i Can’t say I have ever seen a BRG with a black interior.

On a separate note, I do like where your license plate is located. Looks like it may get bend easily though