X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alignment

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default alignment

Ok, i have another appointment next week to have my 2005 x type re-aligned, its still darting around,
i have posted a couple of things on here about my problem, the last alignment place couldnt give me a print out as their
printer was down... (yea whatever)...all they told me was it was in spec with the factory. So i couldnt really give you anything to go
on as far as the settings.
So.....im going to another alignment place next week, who CAN give me a print out.
My question for you is this, what would you set the alignment at if it were in your shop?
Can you give me specs?
If so, i will tell them to set it to that reading, and print me out the final alignment settings. I have to get this issue fixed, its driving me crazy to have such a
cherry car and have it drive like a worn out ford escourt.
Im also going to have them check for loose or broken suspension parts. Like i said, this car only has 15000 miles on it, never been wreaked.
I have owned a bodyshop for over 25 yrs and i know what to look for. No signs anywhere of a wreck.
To me, if you look at the back of the car, the right rear wheel looks slightly tilted in at the top, but im told there is no adjustment for castor or camber so im realy at the end of my rope here.....i would hate to sell it just for that reason, but if i dont get it fixed right, i may do so.
Thanks for any pointers you could give me here, this site is a blessing to jag owners !!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: alignment

As far as the r/r wheel being "tilted" it would help to have a reading, Have you inspected undercar for damage to rear suspension?
Didnt you post your specs on your previous post?
And on the front toe i personally would set itto +0.2 per side for a total frt toe of +0.4
Any time you have negative toe on the frt you"ll have premature inside tire wear, And possibly "Wandering" depending on how negative it is
Hope this helps
Im looking for your previous post and hopefull specs now

Old 03-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: alignment

If the rear wheel is tilted inward, indicative of slamming a curb or pothole and bending the upper control arm. Hard to say for sure without specs, but my money is on the upper arm.