X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone replace their rocker panels?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone replace their rocker panels?

One of my rocker panels was pretty destroyed it was like if the last owner tried jacking the car up from it in various spots. I took it off but i dont want my car took look naked as it does now.
Where can i get cheap rocker panels?
Im going to take the car to one of my friends mechanics he goes to like junkyards and get the parts pretty cheap and also could paint it but in case he doesnt find one where could i get a really cheap rocker panel?

Old 09-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by charm11
One of my rocker panels was pretty destroyed it was like if the last owner tried jacking the car up from it in various spots. I took it off but i dont want my car took look naked as it does now.
Im going to take the car to one of my friends mechanics he goes to like junkyards and get the parts pretty cheap and also could paint it but in case he doesnt find one where could i get a really cheap rocker panel?
I had the dealer do this under warranty. I don't know anywhere to get cheap rocker panels, junk yards around my way don't have jaguars, just honda's and toyotas.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 PM

i highly doubt junkyards have jaguars.
okie dokie i might just need to dig deep in my pocket then lol

Old 09-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by charm11
Honestly, I am surprised there isn't more on this on the forum. When I looked for my x-type I saw so many with cracked rocker panels or ones that were hanging. When I purchased mine from a used car dealer, I made him replace one that was cracked before I took it home. He had 2 of the same x-types so I think he just swapped them and called the 2nd x-type a loss or for parts. This seemed to be a common method to exhange parts for this dealer. I would just check with some luxury or euro used car dealers in your area and see if they have a parts x-type or know where you could get one cheaper.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:48 PM

ok i'll try that... anything to save some money lol