X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arden Design III really OZ Opera's??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Arden Design III really OZ Opera's??

I found this interesting, look at these two wheels in comparison.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts
Default RE: Arden Design III really OZ Opera's??

It looks likea MB Coupe rims too .I prefer polished ones but this looks nice .Nevertheless, multi spoke rims are my choice

Old 10-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes sir, designed by OZ, heres a show car with em.

This incredibly long link that was stretching the page

Bigdreams edit: the link was sooo long that the page was stretching.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey arden you love arden don't you? I'd imagine the oz rims are just as much as the arden ones aren't they? On tirerack they show most oz rims being about 800 a rim[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

Old 10-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

Isn't Arden from Arden? Now I'm confused. I thought he was a self promoter.[&:]

Old 10-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Veteran Member

Thinking the same myself...Is he a promoter? I thought he just loved arden

Old 10-30-2007, 09:29 AM

I have no affiliation with Arden. I just happen to concur with their design concepts. In comparison to J. Nothelle, Bonspeed, Paramount, or Auto couture they are far superior with their cosmetic designs and exhaust systems.

As for cost of OZ rims, it depends where you get them. I have seen the OZ wheels selling for about $500 a piece and over $1,000 a piece through Arden. Though the offset might be customized on the Arden version, I'm not sure.

There is no question about it that Arden is way overpriced with their products. Though I happen to agree with this marketing plan. It is necessary to keep them exclusive, otherwise every ******* with an X-Type would buy the Arden parts.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

Well I wouldn't be on of those a-holes even if they were affordable...I don't care for their look...some arden parts appeal to me but not all...

Old 10-30-2007, 12:00 PM

What parts don't appeal to you? I think they are right on the money with the body kit, mirrors, pedals, brakes, exhaust, wheels, and unquestionably their custom wood/leather work. As far as these parts go there is no other product that surpasses them.

I am not a huge fan of the tail lights on their own but if you smoke the lenses and put them on a black car they look phenomenal. Their trunk spoiler is hideous and extends down too far on the trunk lid. Their shift knobs are pretty ugly too but those are the only parts that I just wouldn't even consider.

The '05 sport kit was based off of the Arden design and they were the first company to offer the stainless steel grilles. IMHO, they are by far the most respectable Jaguar tuners.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

Oh I was speaking more towards the arden rims...I don't really like them all that much for some reason...perhaps because they look similar to mercedes I don't know....I love almost all of their parts just think they are highly over priced...I personally like their lip spoiler but would never justify spending the money for it...if I could get it for the same price I'd get it but the lip spoiler that comes on the sport model does it for me...the taillights are the same story...on occasion I've seen some of those that don't look great but I still like those just couldn't imagine spending 1k on the taillights!

Old 10-30-2007, 04:45 PM

ORIGINAL: somekidzenvy

yes sir, designed by OZ, heres a show car with em.
Same link that was too long to begin with and now is stretching out page two
HAHAHA that is my car...... Check my Cardomain. I love my rims and i like that OZ racing did it with Arden. Alot of Audis run the OZ Opera's
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2177487

Bigdreams edit: the link in the quote was sooo long that it was stretching the page a bit too much.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member

Hey deviance you ever able to get rid of that front chin spoiler? Still can't believe you removed it! Wasn't it to clear the roads better?

Old 10-30-2007, 11:28 PM

yea I still have it but it needs repair the 1st owner damaged it on some driveways and since my local roads are just as bad I had it removed at the used dealer so in the future ill have it repaired. so its on my list of things to get done.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:01 AM

Yea I'm not in love with their wheels but in my opinion they are some of the best options considering the available selection in the appropriate offset/bolt pattern.

That car was a demonstrator car by the guys at XK's Unlimited. I don't know why they didn't put the Bilstein shocks on there, it's like day and night. I have nothing good to say about XK's Unlimited.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Veteran Member

Nothing good to say eh? What did they do to you...pretty sure some other people weren't happy from some stuff they bought either...pretty sure people were happy with their mesh grilles though...
Hey deviance I'd get that thing fixed up as that is what really sets the car apart...

Old 10-31-2007, 08:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

I think that the color match between the wheels and your car deviance is awesome. I really like how the wheels look, but specifically on your car.
Good job pal.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:57 AM

Yea I agree that it looks way nicer with that front lip. It also handles better as that spoiler deflects the wind past the wheels.

They are extremely professional over there at XK's, they shipped a body kit to me once that was padded with 10 trash bags worth of shredded paper and in a second hand conjoined box. They charged by card twice for like $1k each time and I called up 2 weeks later to find out why and they had no record that I had even bought anything. It was pretty absurd but they were selling the kits so cheap I had take it despite their poor management.

I ordered on 3 separate occasions from them and each transaction had some sort of issue I had to deal with.

I also bought a dead pedal from them for like $220 and when it showed up there were no screws and a few rubber pieces were missing. They said that Arden would not sell them the rubber pieces and there was nothing they could do because they no longer deal with them.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:28 PM

Hey man thx for the comment. Im looking to get the lip back on and get all new shocks and springs. I was thinking of the kw Variant 1 Coilovers but pushing for the bilstein HD's with eibach springs. I also want to redo the whole audio system redone.