X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Artic White Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Artic White Bulbs

I am across the pond and read Jim's post on brighter head lights. I purchased the Artic White 80/100. Has anyone used these bulbs, or seen them in action? I am waiting to get my car from the body shop, so I have not seen them in action.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Artic White Bulbs

all the aftermarket bulbs i've used to simulate HIDs usually last at the most 3 weeks, and H1's are more expensive, harder to find, and are a pain in the butt to install in these cars, DONT DROP THE CLIP, and use gloves b/c you cant touch the glass. i've used silvania, piaa's and 2 others, the names escape me now, but the standard crappy hologen yellowish looking ones are the only ones that last. Get a read HID kit from a name brand like phillips. you'll spend more but you get what you pay for.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:18 AM

I was initially considering HIDs and would love to have them, but after reading some post, I was concerned that I would need a used set of HID headlamps, remove the reflectors, and install in my headlamps to complete the conversion. Ebay is about $300.00 ea, new $400.00 ea. Some members said they installed the HIDs in non-HID lamps, and the light was disfused, with limited distance. Either way I'm illegal, but I do want brighter lights. I wish more members with after market HIDs would post their experience with installing and the after effect.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey bro. I've had 4 cars that I've installed aftermarket Phillips HID kits in. They all went smooth and without problem. They also all lasted longer than I owned the cars.

I have an aftermarket Phillips kit in my 03 X-Type. They are great! Light output is actually EXACTLY the same as a HID equipt X-Type (I did a side by side comparison). Installation was a breeze and they work flawlessly.

I mounted the Ballasts right behind the headlights in the car. I used 5/8" nylon spacers to raise them up above some wiring in the car. They look factory and very cleanly installed. I make my own wiring harness and relay system to eliminate any chance of an electrical short. I am using 4300kPhillips Bulbs as they are the brighest and the same bulbs used in OEM.

I've had2 previous Lexus' that I've installedkits in and the current Lexus I haveI installed akit in.

I use to use the "hyperwhite" and "EuroBlue" aftermarket bulbs, but they kept burning out and destroyiug my wiring harness. HID is defently the way to go!

Old 02-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  Jagbrightlights1.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  3.2 KB

Jeeez my sportzblues must be in around 2 months now with zero problems just bright lights.
The Hid kits are expensive but good so I'm told, but lets face it. The real way to go is to buy a car with Xenons from new.

Jim C

Old 02-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys,
I've had the same problems with my bulbs guys! I installed 4 different bulbs in my headlights (sylvania silverstars-$40) and all four set blew! Whether it took a day or week to blow they never lasted past a week! I also purchased a Xenon brand headlights that were supposedly 60% xenon gas but they were crappier than the stock sylvania halogens! Not that it matter because those bulbs blew in a couple of days anyways. I recently purchased a pair of apc 100w bulbs and they are way whiter and brighter than the stockers and they look good. I've had them in since shortly after the new year and haven't had a single problem thus far (knock on wood), and I haven't noticed any problems with the harness or anything. Jim has had his in for a long while now and hasn't had a problem with his 80/100watters in either his saab or jag. I do have a pair of silverstars in the fogs since I bought the car in september after I couldn't get them to stay lit in my headlights so I decided to exchange them for a new non-blown pair from the parts store and throw them in my fogs which I haven't had a problem with. I will however be getting another set of the 100w bulbs in the fogs as they do look wayyyyy better.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member

Hey cobra why don't ya post some pics of your handywork for us all?

Old 03-07-2007, 07:29 AM

I looked at the phillips HID's and they are the ones I will buy if I ever get my car back from the body shop! I am curious about any history with the artic white lights though.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Veteran Member

Name:  Jagbrightlights7.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  4.6 KB

Guys........this subject has been kicked to death, please check thru earlier posts as there's a moutain of info on this topic.
[sm=closed.gif]

JC

Old 03-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Veteran Member

don't you mean a mountain of information on this topic jimmy! J/K
P.S. Please don't lock me out!!![:'(] \

ha ha ha

Old 03-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Veteran Member

Name:  Jagbrightlights5.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  4.7 KB

Thats exactly what I was tryin to say.........lol......
JC

Old 03-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Veteran Member

Too bad I beat you to it!

Old 03-09-2007, 06:13 AM

JimC64, aquill 1

I know that there is a lot of info on "brighter headlights", "HIDs", and trust me, I have read and re-read all of those. There is nothing on Artic White Bulbs that I purchased. It was interesting to me to see if there was any complaints or compliments. As far as "What type" of HID"s, that are available that do not look cheap and function appropriately, there are limited threads that address this issue, let alone photo's and installation advice. I try to research all Jag forums before posting a statement or question that has been ask.

This is the 2nd time that a member (Moderator orSenior)has questioned a thread that I have posted, stating that it has already been talked about, or I ask the same question on another forum which had (1) reply, that did not answer the question. Since I registered, I read thisand other forums on X-Type Jags almost daily, so I am not as new as some.

I suggest that if you think a thread has been discussed before or too much, and you do not have any suggestions, then you should go on to the next thread and not discourage members in posting in fear of being ridiculed.

Has'nt a member have a thread requesting "hits" but no reply, for some project? What a was of my time, but guess what, I read the thread and did as he ask.

By the way Jim, if I was askinga question about your Sportzblue 80w/100w bulbs, (Which has been commented by you in so many threads that I turn "Blue" and that you believe to be the best thing since sliced bread) you would be the first to respond with how great they are.

I could not locate the Sportzblue 80w/100w bulbs, so I bought the ARTIC WHITE!

Old 03-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! PUT YOUR[sm=badbadbad.gif](FLAME) SUIT ON!

Old 03-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 185
ORIGINAL: chillicop
JimC64, aquill 1
I know that there is a lot of info on "brighter headlights", "HIDs", and trust me, I have read and re-read all of those. There is nothing on Artic White Bulbs that I purchased. It was interesting to me to see if there was any complaints or compliments. As far as "What type" of HID"s, that are available that do not look cheap and function appropriately, there are limited threads that address this issue, let alone photo's and installation advice. I try to research all Jag forums before posting a statement or question that has been ask.
This is the 2nd time that a member (Moderator orSenior)has questioned a thread that I have posted, stating that it has already been talked about, or I ask the same question on another forum which had (1) reply, that did not answer the question. Since I registered, I read thisand other forums on X-Type Jags almost daily, so I am not as new as some.
I suggest that if you think a thread has been discussed before or too much, and you do not have any suggestions, then you should go on to the next thread and not discourage members in posting in fear of being ridiculed.
Has'nt a member have a thread requesting "hits" but no reply, for some project? What a was of my time, but guess what, I read the thread and did as he ask.
By the way Jim, if I was askinga question about your Sportzblue 80w/100w bulbs, (Which has been commented by you in so many threads that I turn "Blue" and that you believe to be the best thing since sliced bread) you would be the first to respond with how great they are.
Hey there Chillicop.........no ones ridiculing you mate, so just chill out a little.
There's been so many post on bulbs, brighter headlights, Hids etc and results obtained complimentary or otherwise.
If you had read all the posts thoroughly, you would have seen more than a few links explaining how to get the sportzblue for example!
Please post and let us know how you go with the Arctic white!

Jim C

Old 03-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: JimC64

ORIGINAL: chillicop
JimC64, aquill 1
Hey there Chillicop.........no ones ridiculing you mate, so just chill out a little.
There's been so many post on bulbs, brighter headlights, Hids etc and results obtained complimentary or otherwise.
If you had read all the posts thoroughly, you would have seen more than a few links explaining how to get the sportzblue for example!
Please post and let us know how you go with the Arctic white!

Jim C
Hey Jim nice post, Yeah Chillicop why don't you settle down there buddy. Can't we all just get along?" And second of all I said nothing about you posting again about lights I was just playing with my man jimmy here. Man and I thought I was the meanest person on this forum!!!

Old 03-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Guess he didn't see it coming.....hahahahahahahahahaha..oh man....come on...get it..didn't see it coming.....in a headlight post.....see it.....oh man, i kill myself at times....

Old 03-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 181

Well said Aquill my old china.
On the subject though.......I had one of the bulbs blow, in the X.
Its been about 2 months now, so I called the supplier, and guess what? He free issued 2 replacements! So now I have 1 spare too.....lol
I don't think thats too bad, after all, I put 6 in the Saab>>>> still all fine n dandy.
6 went into the X and only 1 blown after 2 months?......Not too bad.
Anyway....said I would let you guys know if an when they did go, so there ya go.

JC

Old 03-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah my 100watter blew a week ago after a month. I am going to get hids soon as funds will allow. man I have so much to talk about and I have to leave, maybe I'll be back tomorrow!

Quick Reply: Artic White Bulbs