X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio Control Module - memory stick issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 03:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Audio Control Module - memory stick issue

how did you connect the ipod, via the ipod connector or the rca inputs? if you used the rca there is a good chance that the system is fried. it happened to me 2 times. jaguar knows there is a problem, but has not fixed it yet. the solution they suggest is a bunch of bull too. they state that the input from an audio device is, and i swear this is what they told me,too powerful for the system. they say that the input is too much for the ACM to handle and it fries the system. if you know anything about audio, you know this is a load of crap. rca is a low-level version of audio and is universal. now some people use the headphnoe out on mp3 players and that is a more powerful signal, but in 20+ years of audio i have never seen an item that would blowout due to doing that except for the ACM. their solution is to buy a reducing patch cable which lowers the power of the signal before it enters the system. it would go between the mp3 player and the rca inputs. all this will accomplish is to make the audio in your system have less volume. while in a roundabout way this accomplishes what they say is the problem, is it not the real fix. the real fix would be to change the internal parts of the ACM.

there is one other thing to check. take the usb key and plug it into a computer and look at the contents. when the ACM stopped working for me it somehow added a new directory to it. even tho there was nothing in the folder i had to remove it and reformat my keys to make them work again.