X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Leveling headlights and HID

Old 03-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Auto Leveling headlights and HID

My mechanic friend came over yesterday to see what could be done with the left head light as it is slightly higher than the right. First of course the adjustments screws which did not move the headlight at all, no matter how much he turned them also the wheel adjusters in back of the headlight mount do not work either. But here is the sticky problem. You can grab the headlight mount and move it up and down, easily. I thought about some of the post and said to myself the insides must be toast. Long story short he is going to check out his part suppliers and see what is replaceable and what is a unit and then we go from there. The right side seems to be OK. Any ideas of what I have to do to correct this? And I bet it is gonna cost a lot of $$$. Almost forgot the highbeam is in the same position as the headlight, up a bit higher then the right side. So both bulbs are effective.

I was looking at the owners manual the section on changing the bulbs, It explains how to change all the bulbs except HID. The manual says "HID bulbs are not renewable, contact your Jaguar dealer." What is the story with this? I can go to any auto parts store and buy and D2S 35w bulb for about $100. Why does Jaguar say they are not renewable? My mechanic had no idea, as he has never change one or on the few cars Ford offers them on they still work. He said these bulbs are designed to last a very long time.