X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place the get the sports Package?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Ozz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place the get the sports Package?

Hi everyone I am new to the forum. I have a 2004 x-type 3.0. I was looking around for the sports package. The only placed I could find was MINA.

This is what they have.

http://www.minagallery.com/jagxp/Jag...t-packages.htm

When you call them they actually say they will give it to you with the grills for $1080 shipping included.

Whad do you guys think about this. I honestly dont see the difference between what I have and the side aprons, or the front and the back. Am I looking at it wrong? Do anyone know a better place to get them from? Are they easy to install?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:13 PM

I have never ordered from Mina so I cannot say anything based upon my own experience.

However I've only heard positive comments from members here, I don't remember seeing anything negative.

Keep in mind though that this sports package is not the same package as you'd get from Jaguar if you actually bought a 3.0 Sport. The Jaguar package adds 18 inch wheels and a lower, sport suspension. The Mina sports package is only a body kit.

As for finding a similar body kit at a better price, I don't think you'll find anything else considering the market for Jaguar parts is fairly small. There is Arden but that will most likely cost you a lot more.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Ozz

Thank you for your quick response. I think i have sport suspension and 17inch wheels.. I will take pictures so maybe I have something that I dont know.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Ozz

So can anyone tell me what I have, and if the Mina bodykit will work on mine?

Attached Thumbnails Best place the get the sports Package?-img_0093.jpg   Best place the get the sports Package?-img_0094.jpg   Best place the get the sports Package?-img_0095.jpg  
Old 05-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

No, you don't have the sport model. Easiest way to tell is the chrome bumper surrounds. In the sport they are body colored.

The Mina kit should work on your car. I bought my Borla mufflers from them as they had the best price and although I got them, it took a month and was just an overall weird experience. They told me a few things through e-mails that I was suspicious of as to why it was taking so long. It turned out ok in the end, but I personally am not sure I trust them. That said, that was my experience and I am not trashing them, just would rather spend a bit more money at a company that I feel good about. If you search the site a bit you can find some others experiences with Mina and make your own judgement.

What you might want to consider is take a factory sport model for a test drive if you can (a manual trans 3.0 liter if you can find one) and see the difference. That might help you decide what path you want to go on upgrades.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

You may also consider Arden

Old 05-10-2009, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by cadillac
You may also consider Arden
Yeah, if you want to deal with international shipping and product that is double or triple the cost.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Ozz

Thanks everyone for your help.

I like the Arden name alot.Theirs is 1400 pounds. But I like the look of the Mina one. They want $1080 for that. The dealer also sells the sports package for $2000 inculding the mesh grills.

Mina seems to be bad with turn around time. They are not responding, as if they are very busy.

I think if I can be certain with their quality, I will go with mina and wait the wait.

If not I will get it from the dealer.

But first I have to make sure the change is worth it, for I already love my car the way it is.

P.s. The photos they have at mina ar not from an xtype with the body kit on, but the pictures of a factory sports model. Hmm.. this does not seem right.

Last edited by Ozz; 05-10-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ozz

P.s. The photos they have at mina ar not from an xtype with the body kit on, but the pictures of a factory sports model. Hmm.. this does not seem right.

That is because, that is exactly what they are selling you. the front and rear apron and the side skirts. Once installed and painted they will look exactly like they do in the picture.

I am looking to buy this too. My biggest concern, is that the Mina kit is made from fiberglass. Now, if you have ever had a fiberglass bumper on your car, you know that if you curb it or hit something, it will crack and split, fiberglass is not forgiving. So if the dealer sells a polyurethane front bumper, buy that from them and the rest from Mina.

And about the Mina response time, I've e-mailed them a few times and they always seem to respond between one and three days. They seem like a decent company to deal with.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking into the borla system as well with Mina and they said they are coming out with their own exhaust similar to the borla system but for cheaper. It will have a round exit and also a quad tip option as well.

They seemed a tad fishy just working with them on the phone though as they said they had it in stock but didn't call me back so I hounded them and finally they said they were having trouble with their supplier.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you're considering the body kit you also need to consider painting the chrome. Alot of the look that attracts one to the sport model is the sleek look that it has. I'd personally get the chrome painted to complete the look. The paint helps to tie everything together. I couldn't own the x-type with the body kit and the chrome pieces.

You should also consider the lip spoiler while you're at it. Thinking about it you have to have the body kit painted you might as well get the chrome painted while they are at it, there really isn't that much more to paint.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Ozz

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I am much informed now about what to do. I called the dealer like Faze2 suggested, they said they will get back to me about the bumper, I will get it from them if it is polyurethane.

I also agree with Aquill1 about the paint job. I will get that painted as well. My car color is quartz.

I am also looking at wheels to complete the type r look. I looked at the ones on the other topic. I am looking around what to get. What is the largest I can get without adjusting the suspension.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Veteran Member

Mina tld me the Borlsa shipped and then when I didin't get them they eventually said they were shipped to the wrong adress???? I kept asking for a tracking number that I never got also. Plus, the times they eventually sent e-mail replies they came in like 2am in the morning. It all worked out, but it was all so weird that it makes me skeptical about how they run their business

Old 05-14-2009, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ozz

I am much informed now about what to do. I called the dealer like Faze2 suggested, they said they will get back to me about the bumper, I will get it from them if it is polyurethane.

I also agree with Aquill1 about the paint job. I will get that painted as well. My car color is quartz.

I am also looking at wheels to complete the type r look. I looked at the ones on the other topic. I am looking around what to get. What is the largest I can get without adjusting the suspension.
We've been through this not too long ago and it was agreed by most members that going over 20 is looking for trouble, and that 18 seems to be the sweet spot when taking in mind looks, performance, and ride quality.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Ozz

As sevren said, Don't go bigger than 18's. You could do 19's but that also is pretty big. My 40 series tire on 18's was pretty firm, parts of your suspension will surely fail even quicker if you go to a 35 or 30 series tire. I'd imagine it will be quite firm as well.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member

Isn't there some ratio out there regarding wheel size? Something about the further over 18" is in reverse proportion to ***** size?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member

And as the ***** shrinks for each inch the ***** get bigger...

Old 05-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member

.....and hang lower.............