X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Navigation Screen

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Navigation Screen

Just fitted the OEM Nav. to my car, but looks like I got problem! so I am down to troubleshoot the issue with the help if anyone has experience with it!

1 -Screen is totally black and the buttons don't function (I tried menu + phone buttons to see what version is in it but no response)

2- The Display for the A/C is Flashing 51 and then flashing Outside temp 50 with clock picture (50 & 51 codes indicates Display doesn't communicate with the module ...) blower fan is blowing air to the windshield with the A/C (Defrost) what I heard this is default operation when nav screen fails! Thrue? False ?

3- I installed remote climate control module from another car, I am not sure if the module is heated or non heated windshield version, I would assume it should'n be a problem to operate with the display unit. Am I right?

4- I found out that firmware/software update is fixing the similar issue but I am not sure is this my solution (while the bulletin says check the firmware with menu + phone and type the 9XX code and I am not getting to that point), but if any one has the CD or the file for it would be very helpfull to narrow down my issue!

5- Radio & cd changer are working

Any other suggestions ....

Old 10-25-2010, 05:44 PM

Well, finally found the problem! It was the DVD navigation device! It wasn't communicating with the screen. The Map DVD spins and thats all! no communication with the screen and the cars network.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:00 PM
jar
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ocean

So did you simply replace the DVD player and have success?

I'm having a similar issue (with my OEM system), but I have not had success with the software/firmware route - in either obtaining such files (where to look, how to find?), or even attempting to install them - seem almost mythical to me at this point.

My dealer is telling me a code 95098, and that I have a bad "Nav Control Module", which I believe is the black box that sits on top of the DVD player in my trunk.

Like you I am getting the 50/51 code....

any help - in particular with the software/firmware as I'd like to try this route to see if it will work, would be appreciated.

Car is an '03 S type R

Old 11-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Default Black Screen

Jar,

Yes just replacing the DVD unit (in the trunk above the cd changer) fixed my issue and everything worked.

When I attempted to find out what is wrong with it! I couldn't do much because of lack of the information and sources to trouble shoot, all I found was that my DVD player is spinning while the CD is in it and if I press the eject button the cd comes out. Also I wasn't able to find any Firmware/Sofware yet, to test it if it is going to fix the issue.

The 50/51 code will appear in many ways, for example if the Screen can't talk to DVD unit or if the DVD unit fails (Basically no connection between screen and dvd for any reason) then your AC system goes to default position wich is the defrost mode! turns the compressor on and air blows on full speed on your windshield.

I am still searching the Firmware/Software! if I find anything I'll let you know while I am "electronics & repairs" person.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:26 AM
jar
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The DVD player unit is apparently considered the "Navigation Control Module".

The Part number on mine ('03 StypeR) is 2R83 10E887 AB. Below that number is what I believe to be Denso's identifier, 462100-8116. The dealer wrote down C2S 48025 on an assembly image from the book (retail $$$ = $2001.00)

Old 11-18-2010, 06:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ocean
Jar,

Yes just replacing the DVD unit (in the trunk above the cd changer) fixed my issue and everything worked.

When I attempted to find out what is wrong with it! I couldn't do much because of lack of the information and sources to trouble shoot, all I found was that my DVD player is spinning while the CD is in it and if I press the eject button the cd comes out. Also I wasn't able to find any Firmware/Sofware yet, to test it if it is going to fix the issue.

The 50/51 code will appear in many ways, for example if the Screen can't talk to DVD unit or if the DVD unit fails (Basically no connection between screen and dvd for any reason) then your AC system goes to default position wich is the defrost mode! turns the compressor on and air blows on full speed on your windshield.

I am still searching the Firmware/Software! if I find anything I'll let you know while I am "electronics & repairs" person.
you hear while loading disc, for me to hear the second when he goes no more

Old 11-18-2010, 06:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jar
The DVD player unit is apparently considered the "Navigation Control Module".

The Part number on mine ('03 StypeR) is 2R83 10E887 AB. Below that number is what I believe to be Denso's identifier, 462100-8116. The dealer wrote down C2S 48025 on an assembly image from the book (retail $$$ = $2001.00)

I have the same problem with black screen in my Jaguar xtype 2001, show me code 50, 51. please if you have a program or another way to run a screen to send me on my email.I try with my nav dvd 2001 but does not work.help

Old 07-21-2011, 11:51 AM

i too have the same black scrre code 50/51.if you could send info to e/mail greatly appreciatedpkorr89@gmail.com

Old 07-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Default Code 50-51

Jag Dealer will be able to tell you via their computer to plug in to your car and see what is not working or communicating! This is the expensive route....There is no software or program available to test the electronic equipment, only way to do is you have to find working "Navigation control module (DVD Device)" and test it on your car or vice versa test your DVD device on another car, also I would recommend check your optic cables and their connections, that may affect the system communication and causing malfunction.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:59 PM

i,m having same trouble if you recieved any info please forward to e/mail.pkorr89@wowway.com