X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In car heating not working fully?

Old 02-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question In car heating not working fully?

I'm a new member and this is my first Jaguar, a RHD X type 2005 2.0 SE diesel. Of recent I have had the car heating on but my wife has noted that even when set on 'Auto' to 20°c or above, the car passenger compartment does not seem to heat up that much. The car engine temperature gauge is showing correct running temperatures and all other functions like demist seem to work well. If anything, the upper vents always seem to blow 'cooler' air. Other threads seem to refer to an in-car thermostat and possible contamination like cigarette smoke. Can anyone suggest a cause or should I just trade in my wife for one with warm blood?

Old 02-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Received 10,285 Likes on 6,806 Posts

A sense of humour, YOU SIR will live long and prosper in Jaguar World.

NO idea on the X Type, but the info you have been given is sound for any climate control system.

I suggest a quickie repost in the X Type section will find the answer.

Then an Advert in the "Wanted" section for plan B.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:27 PM
GGG
Received 16,759 Likes on 12,148 Posts

Originally Posted by draddog
I'm a new member and this is my first Jaguar, a RHD X type 2005 2.0 SE diesel. .........
draddog,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to X-Type forum.

Members here with the same model of vehicle or wife will be able to help.

Graham

Old 02-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 350 Posts

First of all, I would say 20 is a bit cool for this time of year! I use 21.5 as min and sometimes 23 if I need a quick warm up (me, not the car!)

However, points to check: Coolant level in the header tank correct.

Put the temperature setting to Hi on the climate control and check whether hot air can be obtained. If not, the problem may well be the temperature blend door not moving. That might be caused by a failed stepper motor (not unknown, but not common) or, more likely, the stepper motor drive shaft slipping in its connection to the blend door shaft. Relevant TSB here http://www.jagrepair.com/images/TSB/...or%20Loose.pdf

Note that that TSB is for LHD cars, so you need to look from the driver's side and not remove the glovebox.

The following users liked this post:
Kaz-UK (10-06-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by astromorg
First of all, I would say 20 is a bit cool for this time of year! I use 21.5 as min and sometimes 23 if I need a quick warm up (me, not the car!)

However, points to check: Coolant level in the header tank correct.

Put the temperature setting to Hi on the climate control and check whether hot air can be obtained. If not, the problem may well be the temperature blend door not moving. That might be caused by a failed stepper motor (not unknown, but not common) or, more likely, the stepper motor drive shaft slipping in its connection to the blend door shaft. Relevant TSB here http://www.jagrepair.com/images/TSB/...or%20Loose.pdf

Note that that TSB is for LHD cars, so you need to look from the driver's side and not remove the glovebox.
Astromog,

Sorry for delayed response but life has taken very hectic turn so only now have 'luxury' to have time for me and car. Anyway, been checking and recently cleaned air conditioning of car with 'one-shot-bomb' and whatever, I am getting 'hot air' when thermostat set high. Either problem fixed or wife's thermostat needs re-setting. Thanx