X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat scratch fever.not by ted

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Cat scratch fever.not by ted

Man after fighting with my insurance comp for 2 months,and finding a body repair shop..now they tell me i'm not covered for this kind of damage..i have a sm dent on the hood..one on trunk lid..and in an unrelatted matter..(thank u wife) my front piece of my body kit is now scratched..lol,not really..I'm now suffering from cat scratch fever,i'm british racing green,and cant find a dealer for paint.,,Has anyone had any experience with a paint repair kit,such as dr colourchip..ect..any vendor's on here carry one.and any tips such as primer use and clear coat use.sandpaper size..2500grit?...There i got it out...fever is almost gone..just need to take 2 answers and call thermo in the morning...kidding thermo

Old 09-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

if the paint isnt damaged that bad find a paint-less dent removal place, they do amazing jobs if you find a reputable one. i know of a really good one in mississauga. they have some other locations too. they got a very bad dint out of the jag, it was more of a crease in the door from some lady (used lady loosly...bit**) opened her door extremely hard into the driver door on the jag, then it looked like she pulled back and smashed it a couple more times... it was a crease and a bunch of small dints. they got it 100% out and at a good price, but be prepared to leave your car there for the day. if there are small light scratches they may be able to buff and polish them out.

http://autodentmagicians.ca/

AutoDent MagiciansAutoDent Magicianss
1310 Dundas Street East
Mississauga, ON L4Y 2C1
(416) 434-3368

just checked and they also fix scratches

http://autodentmagicians.ca/what-we-...gblending.html

Old 09-09-2010, 06:37 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Irish, if you need to call, call. I will pass on what I know.

As for the small dents, see what those paintless dent removal places can do for you.

As for a "scratch repair kit", what I would tell you to do is to find a local paint shop that specializes in automotive paint. Pick up a quart of BRG paint (last time I did this, it was like $20 USD). Also pick up a quart of medium reducer (paint thinner that evaporates over the course of about an hour). From there, you can use a small glas container and put a 3 part paint/1 part reducer mixture in the container and then using a fine paint brush (bigger if the scratch is semi wide-1 mm wide or more) and then fill in the scratch. The big thing will be not to cake the paint on too heavy. Apply a few thin coats vice 1 heavy one. The paint will fill in the depth of the scratch unless there is material that has been removed.

As for scratches in the paint, find a product called "3M Perfect It". It will say either Perfect-It II or Perfect-It III. This stuff will take out a lot of the scratches in the clear coat and works great. I use it all the time to de-fog headlights, remove 4x4 scratches, etc. This can not be picked up at your local auto parts store that I am aware of. When you find the paint store above, they should have it.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all right i will look into it..and post me findings and results