Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate controle and defog defrost problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Climate controle and defog defrost problems

hi,
i'd like to have your help on my problem, i have a jaguar xtype 2001 and my rear defrost does not work as well as my front defogger and auto function,
actually it's very weired, because i have the "face and foot" working, the "face" working but when i click on "defog+foot" or on "foot" it does not work, the auto function is just dead, whenever i click it it does not react. if you have any ideas, it will be great from you
thanks again and god bless you

Old 03-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i know this may sound daft, but always start with the easiest and cheapest methods first. Disconnect your battery (its free for a start! ) make sure you have your radio code to hand first! Alot of electrical gremlins can be sorted just by a simple hard reset of the system. Disconnect battery, wait 10 mins, plug back on and see if it works. At least if it does, your problems sorted and it cost you nothing! Failing that, i would suspect a faulty unit, (or even a fuse) which can be cheap to replace anyway. (i have 1 spare, its in black and is only the basic unit ie no front heated screen button, would be willing to post to france) Ryan.

Last edited by jagryan85; 03-12-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:00 PM

hi and thanks for your help,

i disconnected the battery for about an hour, got into the car and then sudenly it worked i took the road for about an hour and everything was working great except the rear defroster but when i parked for an hour and got back to the car and got back to the problem so this is very weired

any ideas ?

thanks

Last edited by loulizjag; 03-13-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope it is ok to post a question in your thread.
When pressing the "Def" button I get hot air blowing at the front window, but when I press the "Auto" button, no air at all is blowing at the front window (just at the feet).
Any idea what could be the problem ?

Old 03-14-2012, 10:17 AM

hi loulizjag, so what you are saying is when you re connected the battery it worked for a bit then stopped again? You say your rear defrost isn't working? It could well be a fuse. When it did work, did your radio reception go distorted? It could well be the rear screen moduel as its linked in with the radio antenna. Let us know :-) Ryan.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:21 AM

cazber - hi! Obviously, when u press def, it will blow at the screen to defrost it. When u hit auto air is ment to come through most of the vents excluding face. If its only blowing at the feet, only suggestion like i said to do what loulizjag done and disconnect your battery. It can solve many many problems. Failing that, it could well be the climate control unit is on its way out. But try the battery trick first. Ryan.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:49 AM

Thanks jagryan85!
I will try to disconnect my battery, and see if that helps. Do you know if errors in the climate control (e.g. a stuck valve or something) will be stored in the ECU, so it could be read out with an OBDII reader ?

Old 03-15-2012, 07:34 AM

cazber - the ccu doesn't store codes if it encounters a fault. Their is two ways to reset the unit. First way is to disconnect the battery, if you do have your radio code handy! The other is to reset the unit following this procedure:- set full cooling low, set full heating high, back to full cooling low, select face, select floor, then face again, then finally select def for defrost. This will re-calibrate the stepper motors. If neither of those methods work, then either one of the motors have gone, or stuck, or the ccu is broke. Hope this helps! Ryan.

Last edited by jagryan85; 03-15-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:43 PM

Hi ryan

Exactly as you said. It worked when i plugged the battery worked once and till now still not working. I cheked all the fuses and non of them is dead (eye cheked). I exchanged the black big one with the wiper one and still the same and wiper is working good. As for the rear def i did not chek if it worked. Actually needed fog loool. As for the radio something weired, it never lost the stations they were here when i put the pin. *Now i'm lost lol

Last edited by loulizjag; 03-15-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:50 PM

by the way, some frech guy told me that it could be either the rear defrost is disconnected from the window and i'm afraid to touch the plastic area in the back because of the airbag written on it
and second thing he told me it could be the copy of an updated navigation dvd that is causing these troubles. what do you think of that ?

Old 03-15-2012, 01:09 PM

Thanks again jagryan85! That reset procedure sounds like something that could help my situation. Will test both the battery and the reset procedure this weekend.
Will report back over the weekend how it worked out.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:27 PM

No ideas for me ?

Old 03-19-2012, 05:43 PM

hi,

any idea on how i can get the module out , where is it ? i need to see maybe its dead and maybe i'll try another one

thanks

Old 03-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I hope this helps

helloi am new to this site but here is a step by step with photos http://jaguarclimatecontrol.com/repa...pgrade/#videos
i hope this helps

Last edited by asaaidi; 03-19-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:40 AM

hi and thanks for the link but its not the same system as mine because i have a navigation screen so its a remote that looks like this one on the mink below and is hidde somewhere in the car and i canot find it

RCCM Remote Climate Control Module - X-Type Parts

Old 03-20-2012, 02:29 PM

I have now tried to disconnect the battery for 15 minutes, and also the reset procedure described by jagryan85. Unfortunately none of them worked on my X-type, but I am sure its worth trying if you have similar problems.

I have a suspicion that maybe something is preventing some valves or something in my X-type because I just found the previous owner drivers license, a couple of access cards, and a whole lot of parking tickets between the front window and dashboard (LOL).

I guess I will have to open it up, and hopefully it's just an access card or something that prevents the climate control to function properly.

Old 01-20-2020, 02:11 PM

Hello and thanks for taking a second to read this. I haven't been in this forum for quite a while and DUH.... I can't remember where and how to post something. So here I am. I too am having defroster issues with my 2002 S type. Where and how to I post this? Here? Where? How? Thanks

Old 01-20-2020, 02:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveLeighton
Hello and thanks for taking a second to read this. I haven't been in this forum for quite a while and DUH.... I can't remember where and how to post something. So here I am. I too am having defroster issues with my 2002 S type. Where and how to I post this? Here? Where? How? Thanks
Find the S-Type forum section and post in there. You just posted in the X-Type forum. You will get better responses in a forum for the same model you are driving.

Old 01-20-2020, 02:48 PM

Thanks, I think I found it.