X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

considering x-type...have a few questions re:reliability

Old 05-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: considering x-type...have a few questions re:reliability

Actually alot of the ones on ebay are from texas and they are generally cheaper down that way...I found a black 06 on the texas direct site that was almost new for like 26k which was a steal!
heres an example
13kmi full factory warranty with factory complimentary maintenance program and pre qualified for 10 year / 100,000 mile extended warranty Champagne leather interior automatic transmission cd player 2 stage heated front seats electric glass sunroof touring suspension with 17” Cayman alloy wheels wood steering wheel wood shift knob integrated garage door/entry gate opener automatic dimming interior mirror rain sensitive windshield wipers power seats fold down rear seats trip computer automatic headlamps cruise control abs brakes dual/side airbags alarm speed sensitive power steering ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 6/15 all for just under 22k.

They've got another one on there thats 06 for 29,950 but they no longer have the one i wanted...
12kmi full factory warranty and pre qualified for 10 year / 100,000 mile extended warranty Charcoal Alcantara leather interior automatic transmission GPS navigation system xenon headlamps with automatic leveling cd player Alpine premium sound system 2 stage heated front seats electric glass sunroof sport suspension with 18” Proteus sport wheels leather steering wheel wood shift knob integrated garage door/entry gate opener automatic dimming interior mirror power memory sport seats dynamic stability control rain sensitive windshield wipers fold down rear seats trip computer automatic headlamps cruise control abs brakes dual/side airbags alarm speed sensitive power steering ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 6/15

that one is fully loaded...

Old 05-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member

By the way machi....michigan can't even possibly compare, go to toronto if you want crazy! I witnessed 3 different accidents within sight distance all while getting off the freeway! Next time I go to visit family I'll for sure have some fun over there!

Old 05-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

You guys are bitchin and moanin about rudeness, when here in Miami we got the #1 spot for rudeness for the second year in a row. This was released today by Yahoo! http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070515/...e_us/road_rage
NY is #2 and Detroit is #13!

Old 05-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Veteran Member

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that in Canada and more specifically in Toronto blinkers were optional and NOBODY checked the box to get them with their cars! Yeah see, Michigan ain't that bad...thanks biggie!

Old 05-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Biggie, as a new yorker thats driven all over the country (miami included), i have to say that NOwhere compares to driving here. I live in a crappy neighborhood in the city, if you cut someone off, 4 out of 5 times they will get along side you and swerve almost into your car followeed by the NY salute to inform you they arent crazy about your actions, and thats our dante women drivers . Im ashamed of my city in that sense, no manners.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol funny link bigdreams. on the list it looks like the northwest is the best environment for drivers, i guess the neo-hippies and dotcommers don't have many reasons to get road rage, lol

Old 05-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah man. I think that Portland and Seattle topped the list. Makes sense though. Driving is much smoother in cities that have more suburbs than city. Somekidz, I guarantee that you didn't drive in Hialeah during rush hour when you came to the MIA!

Old 05-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Veteran Member

Probably helps that the land is more mountainous vs. flat....we have to get our thrills by swerving over into somebody![sm=gears.gif]

Old 05-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member

Hey mac I found this one I'll keep looking. It's not the color you wanted but it is a stick its 3.0 has navigation and is still under factory warranty! I wish this would have been available when I bought mine....it has under 50k miles so if you wanted you could purchase the select edition 100k mile warranty through jag for around 2k or under....Forgot to mention that he only wants 17,999 obo! Thats a steal for a car still under warranty with navigation and everything....
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...p;aff=national

Old 05-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member

BRG with navigation but not stick:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

BRG No navigation but with manual trans.

Didn't find anything on ebay worth poking a stick at that were BRG...

Old 05-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member

Too bad he doesn't show pics of the front seats, because often that is what wears out the most! The steering wheel looks very clean though!

Old 05-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Veteran Member

All of these cars are under warranty I'm pretty sure the seats are covered as well...

Old 05-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member

Last I checked, the dealer considers it wear and tear and discoloration of the leather is not covered under warranty. I could be wrong, and I think that you'd have to find the right dealer to help you out!

Old 05-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member

The wiring of the non-navi is much different than the one with navi! I think it would be much too expensive!

Old 05-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member

That red one is a fat deal too! The warranty is 4 years 50k miles innitially...if they have it already or you purchase the 6 year 100k mile warranty straight through jag. I believe maintenance is covered til 50k or 60k can't remember for sure....The rims shown come stock with the sports. They are 17" aguilla rims which mine didn't come with because they replaced mine with konig theory! I wish I had the stockers but oh well! I can look at the spare as that is an aguilla when I need to! I'm pretty sure they said that to put navigation in one of these would run you multiple thousands of dollars and wouldn't even be worth it. As I said before an aftermarket system is cheaper and has more features. Racer has a double din in his and it looks stock! You should give it consideration if you are looking to really get navigation because they are harder to find...some look good and some look bad!

I was pretty sure that before in another post we talked about the leather and cracking prematurely was covered...obvious negligence however was a different story...not sure though!

Here are some pics of this guys from cardomain...his dash kit isn't the best i've seen but racer has a better one I'll find the pics...Kind of looks funny but racers looked nice...i think someone else had one but not sure?

[IMG]local://upfiles/674/49E009B0405C4F6D8F8B4C67768492A9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/674/C2D80485209D4911B878627A4BEF9A45.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/674/A8EC53ABDEA648869C56DD62BC1496F9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member

Man I just looked at the red one again...man that thing is hot especially for the price! Not to mention that 3.0 with a stick would be fun! All of the brg don't look that appealing to me...when I bought mine there was one in Ohio for sale that was a sport I would have bought but my wife wouldn't budge for the brg she wanted black til I found the one I have and she likes!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: considering x-type...have a few questions re:reliability