X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CRAZCAT noobie

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CRAZCAT noobie

You can check jaguarxp.com for a few performance upgrades...
Hit up racerx82 for where to get a performance chip, I think his jag has it...
Check out http://www.jag-lovers.org/ for car clubs, probably lots of places if you search

Welcome to the Jag Family!!

Old 11-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Stephen,
Congrats on your purchase and welcome....Seems we have lots incommon and hopefully we can stay in touch while you're a jag driver and a racer....so i'm sure you'll have access to some speed shop parts that we normally won't have?

Been tring to squeeze extra hp out my baby. I reached my max at 270. Exhaust, intake work, polished runners, fuel injecters, Arden ECU....and some map tweaking....nothing concrete...just experamental for now.

Anyway, let me see if i can answer your question in the order you ask:

1. Yes, Appreantly on your key FOB, press once to lock doors, once doors lock, press and hold lock button for 3 secs..windows/sunroof should close.

2. No, your nav is not designed to play DVD movies like you would think.....bad on Jag for that...one of the reasons I installed my own 6.4 inch Jensen radio with Nav (check out my posts)
New disks cost about 200+ But you can bust through that copy write protection stuff, not a problem and buring new disk is easy. I just don't know who has them as of now...anybody wanna share??

3. Look on e-bay for uncut Key, about 20-40 bucks, new from jag, about 100+

4. Jag performance market is very weak. All the upgrade i did so far as mentioned above was done by me...spent alot of money for that extra HP. Could have vought a mustang v-8 with the same cash and added tons of HP for little $$ but I wouldn't have a sexy car....lol There is one company, Arden of germany, they deal with Jags and have some basic performace stuff...one of them being the ECU upgrade...1500 bucks for 25-30 Hp. Very nice and you can feel the differance right off the bat...but very expensive. Forget about turbo's , supercharges and such...NOBODY out there for JAG. No computer tweak software to date for JAG either.

5. Haven't seen anything yet, maybe we can be the first? I was personally thinking of a cross country tour..maybe getting sponsors and such...drive from east to west and back......

Ask away...we'll be here for ya...you just might not like the answers... lol

Here's a cool pic to get the blood flowing for your race car design:
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/80/03B10DB0097747F1B0713DE054BF4CF6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/80/6DB9A5DE966B49C69945CC2A7349038C.jpg[/IMG]
________
Medical Marijuana

Last edited by racerx82; 05-17-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Similar story... I found my 04 X Manual on the east side of PA outside Philly. I live west of cleveland. found it on a sunday, called on monday, flew out on wednesday. spent 2 days in philly with an old friend, then drove to AC to gamble for a few hours. 4-of-a-kind-on-let-it-ride later i was ordering the new chrome shoes. i also have the british racing green, the best color there is! mine is a 2.5, but i dont care. this car for me isnt about speed, it's about making people turn heads and NOT owning a bmw or mb like every other person on the road. i get all the speed and thrills i need from my motorcycle. i had actually searched for about 2 months and was all set to buy an 05 nissan altima. manual, all sorts of options, nice car. then i found the jag the day before i was going to buy. now i chuckle to myself every time i see an altima, thinking "wow, i could have been in that"... then i look at my interior and smile from ear to ear.

the X is a very unique car. unless they own a jag everyone who looks at it just assumes it cost you $60-80,000 which is a nice bonus. has all the sexy lines of a jaguar, as well as other items (like the paint job - the one on the X is the same as any other jag made). a month after buying mine my uncle liked it so much he bought one. 2 months later i drove out of state with my dad to pick up the one he found online.

as far as the closing, follow the directions already given. if they don't close after holding down the lock button it has to be 'programmed' by a dealer. some charge, some do not. it took them less than 2 mins to do mine at my local dealer. when we pipcked up my dad's, i asked them to program it for him. the head of service just happen to be next to us checking something out and chimed in how it was not possible to program that on an X. we took a walk over to mine, i showed him and 4 mins later he came back saying he found the info on it and programed my dad's free of charge.

ebay for the keys, no idea on the nav as i don't have that. jaguarxp.com does have some slight mods for the X, but i had a very bad expierence with them. took 3 excuses and a month to ship me the lower mesh grille insert. some have had good experiences, some bad. unfortunately for them i had a bad, and i tend to tell people about it

i would be interested in a rally or meet of some kind next summer. may even be able to have 3 show up if i can talk the family into it.

i have found 3 forums that are active, but i like this one the best. the others are http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/jaguar/jaguar_x_type/ and http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/

enjoy the new ride, and smile as people turn their heads as you roll by.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:13 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i also stumbled across http://www.autocarparts.com/cars/Jaguar/X^Type/ and they seem to have a similarly small section of items for the X, but it is another site to shop at.

Old 11-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member

So is Steve still around....and did he ever make any progress on the headers?

________
ROMANIAN COOKING

Last edited by racerx82; 05-17-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member

he was making great progress and I was very impressed with the exhaust design.....he made a comment that ford turus manifods might fit....

I sure would like to get rid of that current cat design..seems to restrict and flow and I'm not too happy with the cats being so close to the block....would love to make it like a "normal" exhaust setup meaning having the cats more down stream....

How did he booger up your system>?

________
CHRYSLER DR PLATFORM SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by racerx82; 05-17-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the tip and i'll make sure I keep all posted. I'll probably do in next summer, hopefully my el camino project will be completed by then as well...

________
Essential Vaaapp Vaporizer

Last edited by racerx82; 05-17-2011 at 07:54 AM.