X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cruise not available?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cruise not available?

CEL is on, and shows banks are lean. Car runs rough if I try to accelerate at a normal speed when this is displayed. Any ideas of what could be causing this. I recently gutted the cats and put spacers on the two sensors plugged into the cats... Also when it is around the 40 degrees and lower range it displays something about low temperature outside. I can not get that to stop displaying for the life of me. If I click the button on the side of the turn signal it disappears for a small amount of time and reappears... Drives me crazy. How do I disable it? Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails cruise not available?-img_20141113_163111_989.jpg  
Old 11-17-2014, 07:20 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

Devious, lets start with the easier problem first. The low temp indication will come on every time you start the car and the temp is less than 40F or the temperature drops to less than 40F after the car is started. To get rid of this message, if you look under the headlight switch, you will see 3 buttons there. The middle button says "RESET". Momentarily press that button and the "LOw Temp" indication will go away.

As for your cruise not available indication, odds are you are suffering from a vacuum leak. I would first start wtih checking the PCV hose and making sure that the underside of that hose is not split. THis is especially true if you have the smooth hose (vice a ribbed hose). After that, you may have bad IMT valve o-rings and/or a cracked check valve on the brake booster hose (runs between the top of the intake to the brake booster).

Start with this and then we can take things further.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with thermo, I already replaced my PVC hose twice, it was once split down the middle and then the last one the attachment that goes over the intake manifold had a crack on the corner underneath. I would of never known had I not moved it, once I touched it I could tell, that would be the first place I would look.. its very simple just take off the heat shield off the top of the engine and it'll be to the right on top. It goes from your air filter box to your manifold.