Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Not Available - Loss of Power

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 03:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Not Available - Loss of Power

Hi
I wonder if anyone can provide some advice? I've just spent a considerable amount of money in repairing and renovating my 2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.1L Petrol. I've now passed the MOT and it runs like a dream most of the time!
Unfortunately, I'm still getting an intermittent fault on longer runs on the motorway. On the display I get 'Cruise Not Available' and then a significant loss of power for a few minutes and then the message will disappear and power restored after a few minutes. This rarely happens on shorter runs. I've had a complete change of spark plugs and one coil has been replaced on Cylinder 3 but the fault is still there. The last long run I was travelling from South Wales to London when at a motorway intersection the light appeared and I lost a lot of power for about 5 minutes. I limped to the nearest Service Station and called the AA. The technician hooked up a device to the Engine Computer and found these error codes.

Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control - 1S6 / Engine management DEN X4.0

1.Status :P0333 - Knock sensor 2 (bank 2). Error Message : Signal too large. Error static.
2.Status :P1646 - Lambda control. Error Message : Malfunction (bank 1). Error static.
3. Status :P1647 - Lambda control. Error Message : Malfunction (bank 2). Error static.
4. Status :P1582 - Data record. Error Message : At least one data record stored. Error static.
5. Status: P1000 - OBD system tests. Error Message: Operation not completed. Error sporadic.
Vehicle running smooth. Whilst patrol present

The patrol guy said that the engine was running very smoothly when he investigated. He inspected the vacuum hose and that was all fine. I love this car and it drives really well most of the time. I don't have a clue as to what is going on and I'd welcome any suggestions on where to go from here as I don't want to spend much more money on such an old car.
many thanks
Chris

Old 01-27-2019, 12:19 PM
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Chris,
While the code scanners used by the AA are quite sophisticated they only support generic codes and/or will only interrogate the ECU for DTC's. It may be worthwhile getting yourself a Jaguar specific DTC Code Reader to get accurate data or take the car to a Jag Indie Mechanic to get the codes read for you again. Given the number of apparent faults it may sound serious at the moment but a knowledgeable mechanic could find a single underlying cause that resolves them all.
Cheers,
Cubist

Old 01-28-2019, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Cubist