X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CSI..Ejecto hood,emmission's test

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry CSI..Ejecto hood,emmission's test

So yesterday i go in for an emmission's test.it takes fifteen min and i am happy with price and wait time..I leave dealer happy..
Untill all of a sudden at fifty km an hour my hood fly's up smashes out my windsheild dent's my roof and almost kills me in the process.Well i called dealer immeadiatley and asked them if they lifted the hood..answer one:yes we did..I say well as u forgot to close it my car is smashed to shat and I;m on my way back to deal with this..
So i get back and there is a car warmed up for me and I am assured that this will be taken care of as the mech has done this before.
I get home and 10 min later the dealer calls and ask's me to come up for a min....Answer two..He say;s my back up saftey latch on hood is jammed open..I tell him of courese it is ,I had to close the hood like a mother to get it closed ...only after the hood came up again and preety much put the windsheild in my lap..answer three,he then calls over mech who says that he never lifted the hood do to the emmissions test.he says he could tell what my engine size was by my boot badging.To this i say really so if I had a ferrari badge on my trunk you would assume i have an enzo.RANT ALMOST OVER>>READ ON...so i tell him obviously the hood was popped her thats why the first chance the car got a little wind resistance the hood pulled an ejecto and damn near killed me.He then replie's well how do i know that you didn't check the oil or fill washer fluid or something and forget to latch bonnet,to which I reply we can go look right now did my oil two month's ago and washer fluid well I never fill that thing ,it;s got a reservoir like an old irish nun.Then he say's know what I already checked...Sneakey Huh...Long story short I used my jedi mind skills to convince him he shold pay for all, after he offered to pay half..lol lol, and fire that mech for lying ...As I am no mech im not sure if they pop the hood for E-test,but in my opinion,a mech not poping the hood for a look,is like a doctor not checking your heart rate...it's just something they do,by nature of training..Damage..hood,or bonnet for us celt's is gone..windsheild gone..roof two 1\4 deep dents from hood ornament.paint fo sho...Im guessing bout 2500 hundred by the time he gets body fill and paint...should be back by monday at latest and I'll be giving it a once over like like Michel Jackson did Mcculley Culkin...kidding.gave me a dodge charger rt for a courtesy car..thing goes like stink...but I miss my cat already

Old 01-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice you came out on the winning end. I had a TR7 about 10 or more years ago. Mint! I loved that car, and yes I have a thing for British cars. I took it to Canadian Tire to get the AC recharged because they advertised a summer special.
I'm probably like most of you and you glance down at the guages every now and then while driving. Being that this is a TR7 I glanced down about every hour. I wait in the waiting room because they wouldn't let me watch the recharge process (I asked) and when it was done I pay and climb into the car to drive away and notice before even shifting into first that the alt guage is completely flat! I call the service guy over and get the are you sure it worked before. Of course I'm sure I look at the guage all the time, that's why there is a guage! Mechanic comes over and says he didn't do it. I say yes he did and he is lying. Mechanic says prove it to which I reply if you bastids had let me watch I woulkd have seen the spark when you grounded out what ever you were doing and could prove it. The counter guy gets all irate and tells me to pound sand. I leave, get the alternator rebuilt since it was a California model and there was no way unless I paid for a brand new from England alternator to replace it. Then wrote a letter to Cdn Tire head office and sent them the bill. Got a letter back apologizing for my bad experience and a credit would be offered if I needed anything else done. I told them it would be a cold day in hell before any car I owned would ever again be in their garage.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

That's freaking terrible!!

Sorry to hear about it Irish, at least you are ok and didn't get hurt or crash.

Sounds to me like they should be on the hook for the whole thing.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Irish, hope it all works out.

Sidewalkman, you went to Canadian Tire? Yikes!

Why can't folks just admit to mistakes and try and make things right? There is no shame in saying "sorry".