X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Fault message...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DSC Fault message...

My 2003 2.5 manual X Types abs light, another yellow light and DSC Fault in the message area popped up today...didnt find too much on this...anyone have any experience/knowledge regarding this fault? Any help will be be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:00 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

nycxtype, this is a common fault with our cars and is normally caused by the rear ABS sensors having an issue. Normally that problem is the gear inside of the rear hub is rusted and has fallen to pieces, leading to a loss of wheel speed indication. I would check the rear hubs to see if you can spot the teeth and then go from there. If yo ucan, get the codes read for the DSC system to help narrow things down to a single wheel.

The following users liked this post:
nycxtype (01-01-2012)
Old 01-01-2012, 07:31 AM

Thanks Thermo....will start there....you're always very helpful. Happy New Year....will let everyone know how it unfolds. Thanks.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:41 PM

Thermo, went to my car this morning, connected my obdII scanner...I got my same old P1646 that I haven't addressed yet...the DSC Fault code and abs and yellow lights in the dash were still illuminated and the message still there. Went to get my coffee anyway.
While I'm seriously contemplating selling the X Type and getting the Charger that I want I look down as I'm getting out to buy my coffee, low and behold everything is off and only the good old check engine light is on. I'm thinking it's a glitch and it will return but as I go back home it stayed off and never returned.
Thats today-what about tommorrow? The next day? Does this mean that something is on its way out? What do you reccommend? Should I get the codes read? Will a more sophisticated scanner help? Any tips or answers/experience you have will be appreciated, as always. Thanks...

Old 01-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

nycxtype, because the codes are going in and out, odds are you have a wiring issue, not so much a sensor ring issue (normally, when those fail, it is all or none). Get the codes read so you know what wheel you are dealing with. From there, a simple hand over hand check of the wiring for any damage to it will more than likely lead you to your problem. From there, you can get a new pigtail for the wiring harness and more than likely fix it yourself for next to nothing.

As for selling the X-Type, that is a personal decision. You can run into the same issues with the charger. Besides, how many people say "wow, you drive a Charger" compared to "wow, you drive a Jag". Little do they know.

The following users liked this post:
nycxtype (01-01-2012)
Old 01-01-2012, 02:23 PM

Thanks Thermo...I was really frustrated at the time! I know all cars have their problems...I really like this car that's why it bothers me when there's a problem...I'm getting my camera situation together to post up pics... I just did the rear seat navigation, HID's,HID fogs, upper and lower Mina grilles, Eclipse nav/sat/hd radio,JL audio amps,kicker subs-custom enclosure, trunk spoiler, custom made rear window spoiler etc...so I just get frustrated, especially when there are so many Jaguar specific problems that can come up...
Anyway, thank you Thermo...I will check the wiring and report the findings.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:42 PM

Oh well, light came back on again today...better get going on reading these codes and checking the wiring....