X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC System Fault

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DSC System Fault

Ok, so I had this happen a couple years ago, paid to fix it and now it's popped back into my life. Funny thing is it only seems to trigger the fault when it's hot outside. This could definately be my mind playing tricks on me. what causes this problem and what should it cost to fix. Also, i got the cruise not available for the first day this came back into my life. I haven't seen the second fault in about 2 weeks. I'm sure this is going to spark up quite a flame, so give me your story, and a realistic expectation of what i should pay to fix it. the first time this happened, like i said above, i had the DSC fault, Cruise not available, and the check engine light on... cost me a grand to fix. I would LOVE to not have to pay that much again. I really wish I could buy a 2011 Grand Cherokee... wives... :sigh: maybe next year

Old 09-07-2010, 05:01 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

E6N, take a look at the rear wheel speed sensors. They could be causing what you are seeing. You will need to remove the sensor and then look at the metal ring that is inside the hub. This has a problem with breaking and it will cause some of the problems that you are seeing. In your case, it may be just that the sensor is getting old and it is not seeing the ring. But, about the only way that you are going to get some info on this is to take it in to a shop to have them hook up their "all-points" scanner (reads all codes of the car, not just the engine codes like most of the cheapy readers do that you can buy). From there it should help narrow things down. Unfortunately, that is going to cost you probably about $100.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:25 AM
ud
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont understand the post. There is no description of the car, or the symptoms. There is no description of the past problem and how it was resolved.

The internet is wonderful and helpful, but I am quite sure that it cannot read minds....

wishing for a crappy SUV over a nice sports sedan? maybe that is a bigger symptom LOL