X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DVD / SATNav / Audio Recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It can be done with a single din or a double din deck. I would say use a double din because when you do this you are removing your cd player as well as the other unit above it which has your telephone numbers 1-9 etc. Also the kit you need is hard to find... well atleast in Canada it is. You can go online and I think I saw one somewhere for around $40 pounds. I am looking to do the same thing as you this summer. If you search there is a post on here from someone who did this. There complaint was that the trim kit didnt match very well so they took off ther ehvac controls as well as heated seat controls and painted the front as well as the trim kit to get one even looking black.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 386 Likes on 284 Posts

look at my thread (my xtype projects and installs) any questions answered there

Old 04-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,143 Likes on 749 Posts

It's not that bad, they're just not used to working on them. Find an audio shop that has, and you'll be fine. There is a trim/fascia kit, but as mentioned above by our fine x-type members, color doesn't match and you need to take some extra time to color all trim pieces together.

I don't know if there is a wiring harness, maybe someone can chime in on that issue, but if not...its just a matter of splicing. Not the easiest way, but with some labor, can be done. Just need to provide the shop a wiring diagram from the JTIS program (or dealer if you must) that shows color coding of all audio leads.

In my case, I bought all of my new parts online (saving hundreds over local purchase) and they were more than happy to install these. They won't 'warranty' the items themselves, only the install. Something to consider that may be worth it to you to buy from them. If it's not in stock, they can even order it for you...if they sell that brand. I find the inventory that these shops usually have limited, therefore I buy from Crutchfield or Sonic Electronics for more variety.

Good luck!