Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBC brake discs for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Default EBC brake discs for sale

Hey all!

Because of an ongoing fight I've been having with AutoPartsWarehouse.com (who I would absolutley not recommend, by the way), I will shortly have a set of EBC rotors for the X-type that I'd be looking to sell.
They are the gold-colored, slotted / dimpled rotor.

Anybody interested?

My other option will be to refuse shipment, and then fight to try to get my money back... and I'm not holding my breath on that.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: EBC brake discs for sale

Did you use your credit card? Try cancelling payment if possible??? Anybody on here or ebay won't want to pay you what you paid for them so you might take a hit. I'd say refuse shipment and get your money back! Either way that is your call! Deal with the loss of money or deal with crappy people[:@]

Either way I hope you get it taken care of!

Old 10-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Got them on mine...the gold colour is only a zinc coating to prevent rusting...comes off when in use.
Great discs though

Old 10-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

hey check with uptown gal, she's been having brake problems...

Old 10-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Veteran Member

Wish I still owned my jag...lol...i'd have bought them!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:21 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I got those on mine too..Love them.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:53 PM

ORIGINAL: aquill1

Did you use your credit card? Try cancelling payment if possible???
I payed with Paypal. I have filed a claim against them for my money back, but I'm not convinced it will ever happen.

Here's the short version:
I ordered the discs from 'em using their online order form.
The following day I called and asked them on the phone if they would ship in time for my "installation party" I was planning. They assured me they would, and that they'd send me a tracking number when one was available later that day. I then ordered the RedStuff pads from them as well, using my credit card.
the next day I still hadn't seen a tracking number, so I called and they gave me one on the phone.
That tracking number showed them shipping the next day, which meant that there was NO WAY I would get them in time. So I called and asked if it was possible to get them shipped overnight. They told me no. So we did other stuff for our 'party'.
Now, understand that these phone calls are clearly going to a middle-asian country. Folks that BARELY speak English, but have names like 'Joy' or 'James', or 'Harold'. They treat people poorly, and I'm guessing that they've been trained to 'move along to the next call' just as quickly as possible.
So monday rolls around, and my tracking # says the package is on my doorstep. Well, the brake pads were... but not the rotors.
So I called. They told me the rotors were shipped, and gave me the tracking # for the pads.
I told them that was incorrect, and they said they would "take it under advisement and call me back"!!! and No, they didn't really want my phone number.
so the next day I called and they asked if I had rec'd the rotors?
"no, have they shipped?" I asked.
yes... and they gave me THE SAME TRACKING NUMBER!!!
so I explained the mixup.
2 days later, I finally found someone who could tell me that the "rotors had been backordered, and they had sipped."
well, I asked "Which is it? are they backordered? or shipped?"
they said "both".
then they gave me THE SAME TRACKING NUMBER!!!
So at this point I realised the language barrier meant that they didn;t understand the meaning of "shipped". the whole past-tense thing is tough for 'em. It seems that in their version of english, "shipped" and "will ship" mean the same thing.
They could not tell me when I would receive the item, because they didn;t know when it would come off backorder.... but they couldn't cancel the order because it had allready "shipped".
So I sent an email canceling the order.
Then I called and spoke with a 'supervisor' (after 27 minutes of on-hold) and asked him to cancel the order.
Then I put-in a claim on Paypal.
Then I called "BuyBrakes.com" and bought brakes. Which they shipped the next day, and which arrived 2 days after that. all that for $18 more than the APW guys.

SO since then it's been more of the same runaround with APW. nothing makes sense to them. There's no continuity of care. No care period.
And now, yesterday, they sent me a new tracking number, which I assume is my rotors. (though it won't surprise me to find they've double-shipped my pads)
and they can't understand why I'm upset.
If I refuse the shipment, their policy says a 20% restock fee. ($50)
If I accept it and initiate a return, there wil be an as-yet-unspecified restock fee. (MORE than $50)
[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
So if somebody wants to buy these for $50 less than what they can find 'em online for... I'd be happy to have this over with!!!
Maybe I could find a pensioner to go stand in their call-center and get very loud at them?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

Mcjag-Did paypal contact you yet? I had a similar experience with mydepot when I ordered hids...he promised it would take 6 days to get to my door step...a month later I got them! I was buying them to have some better vision at night since I was driving from Michigan to Wisconsin which was an eight hour drive at night. Needless to say I went came home and it took a few more weeks to arrive. Mydepot wouldn't even respond to my emails and they didn't answer any phone calls. The second paypal stepped in they were on it, it took paypal to get a properly working tracking number and it took a matter of no more than 3 days to come from China or another country.

I'd call and keep going higher and higher up the chain of command and tell them you cancelled the order when you were jerked around. Did you use a credit card through paypal or no? I'd keep biotching til it was taken care of. It's nice of you to offer them for less money than you paid but I'd be p-od![:@][:'(]

Old 10-17-2008, 05:23 PM

no, I used an instant bank transfer. and I'll keep up the bitch-fest as lkong as I can stand to....

and I should've clarified: these are fronts. No rears.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Veteran Member

Keep up the fest and don't stop til you feel like it!

My wife spent over 10hours on hold with att to get uverse hooked up at our house and we weren't stopping til we got it!

Old 10-18-2008, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: aquill1

Keep up the fest and don't stop til you feel like it!

My wife spent over 10hours on hold with att to get uverse hooked up at our house and we weren't stopping til we got it!
Is your wife for hire?

I don't have anywhere near that amount of time available to fight this fight. But I'd give her 20% of whatever she recovered!

Old 10-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member

LOL! She had to otherwise we couldn't have had internet or cable.

Last thursday she was on hold for an hour (at night) when at 7pm central the phone said "this office is closed thank you for your call...click!" I was livid so I can only imagine what my wife was.

Friday she was on hold for 2 hours that night before she got it resolved. ATT sucks when it comes to competency. They didn't even give us anything for the hassle but we have been waiting over a month for internet/cable that we didn't care we just wanted service.