X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST! i need the corrosion warranty info!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default FAST! i need the corrosion warranty info!

i put a post up titled "rust already" I just got a call from Jaguar today and they told me they were not going to fix it because it was too much damage!! WTF! I am at a loss for what to do. I told them I have no choice but to call my lawyer, which i did. I told him the whole story... he said let's sue! He said I need the corrosion warranty in hand. does any one have this? I am so pissed right now!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member
Default RE: FAST! i need the corrosion warranty info!

that is what they said! that it is too much damage to fix under warranty!! I donj't think they know how far i will take this! I am almost about to swear off Jag for life over this I am so mad. I dropped the car off a week ago to get this fixed and now they won't!!

Old 04-01-2008, 06:58 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Damn Vegas..Sorry to hear of all the hassles you're having...I can't see where they can get out of doing it, it don't make sense as this one is obvious a flaw that is clearly covered by the Body warranty..Hope your Lawyer will get things sorted for you...Good luck

Old 04-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Veteran Member

what dealer?
you mean the first dealer i took it to where they denied it, or the second one I was TOLD BY JAGUAR usa to take it to because they got the work approved? Or the body shop they shipped it out to for the work?

I called Jaguar back today and explained how I don't want to drag this out in court (but i will) so why don't we just solve this problem this week? I told them i have the warranty in my hand and I don't see any thing about not fixing the car due to amount of damage or cost or work! They had no answer. I guess the same guy that denied the claim for the second time after approving it is to call me this week..... yeah.... sure... I will be waiting for that call. Side note: I asked the dealer "do you know how much it would cost to fix this?" today, he said in the mid-teens! so I am thinking like $15,000!! I kind of understand why Jaguar would drag their feet for work that high. The car is worth about that much.... but it is their warranty. They need to stand behind their work!

Old 04-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

^ hey, I like boj's plan. Just be sure to pull out all your LEDs first...lol

Old 04-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Veteran Member

would that work? oh and don't forget the upper and lower mesh grills, HID upgrade, all the other BS I wasted my money on! god i hope this plays out in my favor. I think I am going to tell them to keep my car in pieces for now because they will be doing the work some time this wee. I will just keep the beat up loaner for now. I think if they give me the car back then i don't stand a chance in hell of getting any thing fixed with them, almost like it would close the case if they got my car back to me... right?

Old 04-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah lol bo! Yeah that doesn't make sense to just say no we can't fix it's too extensive of damage???WTF??? That is repulsive! More like "there is so much damage sir that we can just pay your loan off and you can buy another x-type at a disounted rate!" That would be what they should do, what a joke. Keep at em they are trying to pull a quick one from the sounds of it.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Old 04-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member

i have talked to the dealer today and i told him to leave my car in pieces, that i will not take it back right now. He said "good, you should fight this with Jaguar. they don't have a leg to stand on! They need to fix this for you!" i figured if they keep my car then the "case is still open". I then called the body shop that has the car. They said "this rust is caused by a defect in the car, not by anything else. they (Jaguar) owe you a car." wow! everyone is on my side but Jaguar!

Old 04-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member

They'll side with you sooner or later...do i hear law suit? Keep ya head up they should be fixing it for you, it's only a matter of when! By it I mean the situation not just fixing the car. If there's substantial damage like they claim it's up to jag to buy the car back imo...this isn't the first time something like this happens anyways.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member

what do you mean "this is not the first time something like this has happened"?

Old 04-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Veteran Member

People getting lemons and the manufacturer having to take the bullet...