X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Folding Door Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Folding Door Mirrors

My Dad has just bought an X Type 2003, and reading through the handbook it indicates a button to fold the door mirrors, but there isn't a button- just the mirror adjuster . Could it be anywhere else in the car? Thanks,

Old 02-22-2014, 01:33 PM
Jac
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Nope, If there is no button, they don't fold. That was an option.

The following users liked this post:
trinity52 (02-23-2014)
Old 02-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts
Default Hi Trinity and Dad

Hi Trinity and Dad;

Greetings from down under. I happened to read your intro in the new member section, and of your role in helping Dad with the computer savvy side of things. Perfect advice from Jac about folding mirrors ...

My advice goes a little deeper ... Somewhere in front pages of Owners Manual there is an easily overlooked warning that the Manual provides details of all features, whether your car has them or not. Perhaps if you email Jaguar UK, quote your VIN from outside base of windscreen, and ask nicely, they will provide a printout of details of your car ex factory.

Next, can I suggest you download the Workshop Manual from this forum (or get it off the Bay on CD) together with the excellent resources provided by Gus at <JagRepair.com>. If you are as impressed as me, send him a big "Thank You". If your computer is laptop or better still, tablet, that accepts all your JagStuff (mostly PDFs) on a flash stick or microSD card, it can then truly be a real companion for your car - especially if you combine it with a low cost OBDII code scanner, perhaps the ELM327 using wifi and s/w like Torque. There is a specific OBD scanner thread here also.

Is this your (or Dad's) first Jaguar? Even without folding mirrors, there is plenty to love about a really nice X-Type. I am working flat out to convince my wife to buy one to match our S-Type. Beautiful, beautiful cars ...

Best wishes, and keep us posted.
Ken

The following 3 users liked this post by cat_as_trophy:
ptaboy (02-24-2014), Stuart Beattie (02-23-2014), trinity52 (02-23-2014)
Old 02-23-2014, 07:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cat_as_trophy
Hi Trinity and Dad;

Greetings from down under. I happened to read your intro in the new member section, and of your role in helping Dad with the computer savvy side of things. Perfect advice from Jac about folding mirrors ...

My advice goes a little deeper ... Somewhere in front pages of Owners Manual there is an easily overlooked warning that the Manual provides details of all features, whether your car has them or not. Perhaps if you email Jaguar UK, quote your VIN from outside base of windscreen, and ask nicely, they will provide a printout of details of your car ex factory.

Next, can I suggest you download the Workshop Manual from this forum (or get it off the Bay on CD) together with the excellent resources provided by Gus at <JagRepair.com>. If you are as impressed as me, send him a big "Thank You". If your computer is laptop or better still, tablet, that accepts all your JagStuff (mostly PDFs) on a flash stick or microSD card, it can then truly be a real companion for your car - especially if you combine it with a low cost OBDII code scanner, perhaps the ELM327 using wifi and s/w like Torque. There is a specific OBD scanner thread here also.

Is this your (or Dad's) first Jaguar? Even without folding mirrors, there is plenty to love about a really nice X-Type. I am working flat out to convince my wife to buy one to match our S-Type. Beautiful, beautiful cars ...

Best wishes, and keep us posted.
Ken
Thanks Ken, my Dad uses to own a XJ6 Sovereign years ago and always regretted selling it, and now at 85yrs old has decided to get this one. It's in beautiful condition for it's Reg and has had only one owner with FSH and low mileage.
Once again thank you for the information, i shall download the correct information for his car.
Hope you manage to persuade your wife :-).
Kind regards. Carole.

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (02-23-2014)
Old 02-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts
Default Grace, space and pace.

Hi Trinity;

Loved your great post, and please pass on to Dad, these pics of our once pride and joy ... the Series2 Daimler V12 EFI VanDen Plas ... I recall it only came in Black, Platinum, or Burnished Gold (the latter 2 with Black vinyl covered cabin roof). Pics of ours are attached ... Dad may be interested.

At first, my wife was overwhelmed, but in time, she took it to her own. With huge twin tanks, a family legend arose one day when she had just slowly filled one, then started on the other. A wag in car waiting in line called out ... "Hey, great car yer ladyship ... but leave some fer us!"

I think she is resisting an X-Type because, like your Dad, we sold it after a long ownership and she still yearns for those classic XJ days of grace, space, and pace. But, I do think she will enjoy the baby XJ - the X-Type.

Best wishes to both of you.
Ken

Attached Thumbnails Folding Door Mirrors-vdp-20011.jpg   Folding Door Mirrors-vdp-20012.jpg   Folding Door Mirrors-vdp-20014.jpg   Folding Door Mirrors-vdp-20015.jpg   Folding Door Mirrors-vdp-20016.jpg