X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Consumption problem 10MPG , Please help...

Old 01-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Consumption problem 10MPG , Please help...

Fuel Consumption problem 10MPG , Please help...
Hello guys,
At the beginning I just want to say Hello, because this is my first post.

I just bought the X-type 2.5 auto, and have several errors... the current "biggest problem" is fuel consumption.... 10 mpg.... I know that this is not normal.... and its too high. I was sure that the reason of this fuel consumption was O2 sensor, but I changed both with the original denso and the problem is still the same. (there was no error stored on ecu about o2 sensors). But last time I saw something interesting , usually while driving I saw red lights from brakes (P),and (!) and in this same moment I don`t see on my trip computer correct value of mpg and some other info like TRIP: A, TRIP: B there is nothing only horizontal lines.

This is the error codes that I get from local service...
P1638
C1145
C1155
C1175
P1250
P1582
P1632
P2503

Please help me guys:-( I don`t know from which error should I start, and what the exact mean... thanks in advance.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

tomason, we can get you taken care of. Lets first see what is really going on. Lets start by having you disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting it. This is going to clear all the codes and when you start the car the next time, it will only put in the codes that are active at that moment. This will get rid of the garbage that is making this more confusing than what it needs to be.

I am making an assumption here that your speedo was working correctly. If so, then the codes for C1145, C1155, and C1175 are false at a minimum as if you had all 3 of these, the car would think that you have 3 wheels that never move and one that is spinning out of control. This would lead to the car trying ot stop that wheel by applying the brake to that wheel (granted, this could explain why you are getting horrible mileage).

Granted, the P1638 code is telling me that you have a CAN Bus issue between the instrument cluster and the ECM, which could also explain the interesting lights you have on the cluster. This would lead me to believe you have a questionable cluster.

But, before we just start jumping and replacing stuff, clear the codes and lets see what comes back.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thermo many many thanks !!!! This can be a point with this whole problems, I also think that consumption problem may be related to this error:

P1250 = Throttle limp home spring malfunction

btw.
I checked last time the abs connectors on each wheel, and didn't found any wiring harness problem - all of them looks fine. I cleaned out abs sensor but nothing changed.

But I found also some interesting points :

- The red brake lights (!), and (P) is thrown in random situations. (but mostly while the surface/road is wet or in last time snowy)

- I did some gauage test ( by holding "Trip" button for 30 seconds before move key to second position) and I saw that there is no light from "engine check" icon, and the gauage from from temperature, and gas is going up and down, but not speedometer /tachometer thats weird because while driving this is normally working (but maybe this is related to can/bus error..)

Maybe I have to replace abs pump/module ? I will try to clear errors as you suggested, and will let you know.

Again Thank you very much.

cheers, to mason