X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gear Box Fail... and fix.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for confirming. I didnt think it would, but dont know too much about it. I had a similar occurance with the car going in limp mode and the light with the explanation mark coming on. It just happen to rain that day too (which is surprising for Socal). Car is fine now, but just want to make sure I get to the bottom of it so doesnt happen again.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Xtype
Thanks for confirming. I didn't think it would, but don't know too much about it. I had a similar occurrence with the car going in limp mode and the light with the explanation mark coming on. It just happen to rain that day too (which is surprising for Socal). Car is fine now, but just want to make sure I get to the bottom of it so doesn't happen again.
Confirming the same condition. Car was on the inclined driveway nose down during severe rain all night long. Passenger found a lot of water on the floor and new drops were falling in with every wiper blade cycle. Went into limp mode on pretty busy highway after an hour or so when rain was long gone. I managed to get into breakdown lane using inertia and stopped. After a while I realized that this is indeed limp mode (never happened before) and slowly got out on the nearest exit. Fortunately it was my destination. After limping on city streets at 15 m/h for a half an hour and parking the car I decided to start it again and limp mode was gone but check engine light still on. Drove to the nearest auto zone, borrowed the scanner and found several bogus codes (don't have the notes with me right now). Cleaned up all codes and they never appeared since.

A day after went to local Jaguar shop (not a dealer) in an attempt to find a blocked drain with garden hose pouring as much as possible over the windshield. But nothing seeped into the cabin... The engine ECU connector is located on the firewall in engine compartment passenger side. The water in passenger side and ECU problems are clearly related. Mechanic ended up replacing cabin air filter while there and cleaning/gluing everything back. There were many rains since but none that long as the one that caused the water inside so I don't know if real root case was ever rectified....

Old 09-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seem to have this problem. My x type was full of water on the drivers side floor. Went to the junkyard found a perfectly clean TCM and not a drop of water under the carpet. Still not running but I didn't clean the connections. I will in the morning.