X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It has come time for me to probably say goodbye

Old 09-25-2013, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts
Default It has come time for me to probably say goodbye

I don't really know how it happened, but I hate my jag now... Anyways, I'm moving on to a tdi. It was great to be helped and to help fellow members, and if anyone has $5200, my car is currently for sale on craigslist.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 266 Likes on 210 Posts

Sad to hear that, what ended the love?

Where will your future motoring plans land you?

Old 09-26-2013, 04:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

I am sorry too, Disguay

I sense a loss of passion somewhere, it is really sad, so I think there must be an outstanding issue, somewhere.

You've posted over a 1000 posts and given great advice and you have indulged in great banter, helping the unknowing and we shall all miss the contribution you have made.

Disguay, you have a Lovely Jaguar, others may simply aspire to and dream of, yet they will go on through life, never knowing how you truly felt and they will never ever taste the spirit of owning a truly fantastic automobile with such culture, prestige and utter class!

You have spent a lot of money and time and you have exceeded the parameters, other car owners will never experience.

I am sad and at a loss,but maybe you are too and that is maybe why you are taking this measure?

If you have to go, i shall bode you well and hope for all time you have made the right choice, but I have to diversify:

I do not believe for one second that there is a forum, website or any kind of foundation that truly CARES, about your thoughts, expression, taste, charisma and your beloved and who (out there), would give and sacrifice so much to keep you happy on the road, ahem unless you are a millionaire?

Then the friends might only be friends for 1 reason...........?

Disguay, you will do what you have to do, but please remember, we shall still be here!

I for one have not been here that long, but I know other more distinguished and respected members will join me in wishing you a Fine Farewell as long as you realise you are ALWAYS WELCOME BACK!

Keep your chin up, Stu

Last edited by Stuart Beattie; 09-26-2013 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Grace, Pace ooh and SPACE!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Very eloquently put as always by Stu and really sums up how we feel I guess Disguay.

You've been a part of this forum for 2 and a half years and made many fine, interesting and helpful posts, for that we thank you.

Things change and life moves on for everyone, very few seem to keep their cars for many many years, the norm being to change / upgrade after perhaps 2 or 3, so it is what it is I guess.

I wish you well in whatever you decide to go for car wise, and be interested to hear your choice of Tdi

I myself have an Audi A6 tdi and know the benefits, see the diesel thread at the foot of the forum.

You can expect excellent economy ( perhaps the reasoning behind your choice? ) and they also take remapping very well to increase bhp / torque.

Please remember you will always be welcome here, Jag owner or not.

All my best

Jim

Old 09-26-2013, 09:34 AM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 389 Posts

Good luck and enjoy your new car....I know how it is by you leaving this forum regardless if you have a Jag or not, just look at Jimbo for example..he's still here..

so hang around and be a help to the other X-type owners..I use to have one too, but as you see I'm still here butting into this section helping out where I can..

Take Care!

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (09-26-2013)
Old 09-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Lol yeah.....had the car for about a year and been here for 7 so far...lol

A combination of a love for the marque and some of the friendliest / helpful people around....good banter / craic too, so all good.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Well thank you all for the farewell. I have driven the s*** out of my xtype, and I have discovered there is only so much you can modify on it.

This summer, I "flipped" about 5 cars and was employed as a mechanic on an additional 6.

I have learned so much, and I have also learned that I want my car to be mine. When driving my jag, it feels like mine, but I have really hit the border of what I can do with the car. I plasti dipped it, lowered it, chopped the resonator, and touched just about everything there was to touch on this car.

It is no longer a fun car to me because I know it too well. If my engine blows, I already have a backup plan. The bottom line is that this car is not fast nor economical. It's classy, but I'm 19.

I bought this car when I was 16 and now I have enough money to get something classy, economical, and slow. But the catch is that I can eventually make it fast and economical with a shred of class.

I'm not trying to take girls out to dinner right now, I'm just trying to haul my roommates to Cosco and the beach in college and a jag really doesn't cut it for that. When it was just my car and not my roommates, I loved it because I could drive it anywhere.

If I put people in the back, the negative camber goes whack, the tires rub, the suspension squeaks, and after 3 different gaskets, I still have an oil leak. I've put so much time and money into this car and discovered that if I put all my money into a tdi, I would have something on airbags with around a stage 2+.

Instead, I have a jag that kinda sorta looks like a new jag, but really just looks like an older jag. I love the body of this car, but I've had my fun with it and hopefully now someone else has fun with it.
I never planned to keep this car longer than a year, but it ended up fitting all of my criteria right off the bat and I got an amazing deal on it so I couldn't say no. I have removed every door panel, every suspension component, every belt, every fluid, and she still destroys my wallet.

I own my own business and I'm discovering that I'm not able to grow because I spend too much on my car. I need something to drive for the next three years, but I will be back.

My love of Jags is ever lasting and I will return in the next awd jag that I can afford, but unfortunately the only awd jag I can afford is the xtype right now. So long for now, and thank you all. If this sale falls through though, I'll be back.

But hopefully I'll be getting 50mpg in the next 2 months

Stuart Beattie (09-28-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 07:22 PM
GGG
Received 16,759 Likes on 12,148 Posts

So it's Au Revoir and not Goodbye,

Don't leave the forum just because you're leaving the X-Type. You've too much knowledge and experience gained that can be shared.

Graham

disguay (09-29-2013)
Old 09-29-2013, 06:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

As Graham and Jim Aonsaithya and DPK have stated:

Youwill be a sad loss to the forum, but alas, You are Dynamic, Young and Spirited!

We wish you well, whatever you are driving, keep the Faith and Cherish your memories as

they will all add to your greater vision and enjoyment for the Future!

Good Luck! Stu

disguay (09-29-2013)
Old 10-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

50mpg? That would be nice!!! This car is a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to gas consumption that's for sure. I rented a c class wagon with diesel blue efficiency pack in germany last year and the quoted fuel efficiency was 69 highway miles per (imperial) gallon. Unbelievable! The c is a great car but in truth, I was very happy to get back in the X - it's that warm and cozy interior ambience thing that the germans struggle on. If you say "the blue efficiency" with a German accent, it sort of captures the essence of everything the X type is not - and I'm ok with that!!!

Anyway, good hunting!! Let us know what your new ride is. Any final thoughts on the plastidip experiment?

Stuart Beattie (10-02-2013)
Old 10-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Location: That Rectangular Hole in the Consciousness of America
Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

You should keep it.

You still haven't installed the hydraulic system in it to make it jump up and down.

There may be "only so much you can do to modify it" as you said, but you missed one!

(As far as the problem with the car bottoming out when your roommates ride in the back seat, just get skinnier roommates!)

As mentioned, you'll be missed here.

As you pursue your Engineering Degree, please be mindful of your experiences with your Jag, and the frustrations of us ham-fisted D.I.Y.'ers: When you design something, please make a hammer the main tool needed to repair it.

(Oh yeah, and don't let them catch you, the English Major and the French Minor in your dormitory room together - that never ends well)

disguay (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 01:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 266 Likes on 210 Posts

There's still the Japanese company -made X-Type-bespoke supercharger you haven't fitted Noelle or something like that.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Received 282 Likes on 159 Posts

Disguay,

Thanks for the interesting posts. A great thing about this forum is your post will continue to inform and entertain. Best wishes for success in school and career.

Bill