Sponsored by:

Head Lights Auto Leveling issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Head Lights Auto Leveling issue

hi guys
last night i found out that auto levleing is not working on the driver side
so is it easy to fix by my self or shuld i take it to the dealer ship?????

Old 08-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Had this on mine (both lights) and it was recoded at a dealer to the car under warranty.
Could be a number of things though.
Dealer visit probably neccessary unless you can pull a code?
Noticed on mine the lights werent adjusting up and down when the ignition was in the ACC position.They both have to do this to find their level inorder to auto adjust.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by BuckMR2
Had this on mine (both lights) and it was recoded at a dealer to the car under warranty.
Could be a number of things though.
Dealer visit probably neccessary unless you can pull a code?
Noticed on mine the lights werent adjusting up and down when the ignition was in the ACC position.They both have to do this to find their level inorder to auto adjust.
yes i know that, when the ignition on ACC only the passenger side adjusting up & down the driver side is not moving at all & BTW my warrenty is expires last april .

Old 08-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Veteran Member

Its difficult to say but I guess it probably needs to go to the dealer then to see if the non working headlamp needs re-coding to the car or maybe if it's a faulty headlight.
I dont think it will be one of the 2 levelling sensors along the sill if one headlight is working OK.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by MeeMo
hi guys
last night i found out that auto levleing is not working on the driver side
so is it easy to fix by my self or shuld i take it to the dealer ship?????
My drivers side quit auto leveling several months ago. It's aim was fairly close to where it should be running down the road so I just tweeked it a little manually and have just left it alone. The pax side still goes through the leveling action every time I start the car. I'm not worrying about the drivers side not leveling as long as it stay where I aimed it. I'm sure not going to a dealer who will only tick me off when they quote a fix it price.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:55 AM
Veteran Member

If your car is later than 08/2006 it may well be covered under warranty

Old 08-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Exclamation

i know that it will cost me alot of cash.
i adjust the driver side manually to match the passenger side
but i still wanna fix it .

BTW i purchased my car in 04/2006 no more warranty

Last edited by MeeMo; 08-09-2009 at 10:43 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 08-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

MeeMo, did you recently mess around with your driver's side headlight? Replace bulbs? Our headlight assemblies are easy to damage if you are not careful. Normally what happens is there are 2 plastic posts that hold the bulbs in place and also hold the auto leveling system. If you are not careful, you end up breaking these posts. So, what a lot of people have done is pull the headlight assembly off of the car, put it outside down and using some epoxy, glue the posts back together to fix the problem. In some cases, people have even added more support by adding in some tie straps to help hold things together. If the electronics are bad, then you are pretty much looking at getting a whole new headlight assembly. If you look on e-bay, you can find a lot of headlight assemblies, but a majority of them have broken posts. So, ask a lot of questions and specifically ask if they are in perfect condition (ie, posts not broken).

Old 08-10-2009, 05:23 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Thermo
MeeMo, did you recently mess around with your driver's side headlight? Replace bulbs? Our headlight assemblies are easy to damage if you are not careful. Normally what happens is there are 2 plastic posts that hold the bulbs in place and also hold the auto leveling system. If you are not careful, you end up breaking these posts. So, what a lot of people have done is pull the headlight assembly off of the car, put it outside down and using some epoxy, glue the posts back together to fix the problem. In some cases, people have even added more support by adding in some tie straps to help hold things together. If the electronics are bad, then you are pretty much looking at getting a whole new headlight assembly. If you look on e-bay, you can find a lot of headlight assemblies, but a majority of them have broken posts. So, ask a lot of questions and specifically ask if they are in perfect condition (ie, posts not broken).
thanx a million that's really helpful
(that's why i love this site)