X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Battery died! What did it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Battery died! What did it?

Hey there!

After coming home from school today, the lights on my dash started flickering. I pulled to the side of the road, and turned off the car (I thought I would damage some part of the car because it also said that the gearbox was faulty). The car wouldn't start, but luckily I had someone there to jump it, and it started right away. I proceeded home without any further issues, however when I tried to turn it back on after arriving home, the car wouldn't start. Two years ago, we had to replace the battery on the car (due to the lovely Georgia heat).

Recently (~1 week ago), I installed the iSimple IS31 into my car. The iSimple gets its power from the cigarette lighter, we just cut the cigarette lighter wires and lined in the wires from the iSimple. There were no issues throughout the week. I always followed the same routine: detach my iPod from the AUX cable leading to the iSimple, put my iPod in the glovebox, and NOT turn off the "audio input" switch on the iSimple.

Is the fact that my battery died possibly on the fault of the iSimple? Or could it just be a faulty battery?

Thank you!

Old 09-06-2014, 02:58 AM
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You can check your cigarette lighter fuse, it's the top left one in central junction fusebox. If it's in top hole then your cigarette lighter gets power all the time and if it's in bottom hole then your cigarette lighter gets power only when ignition is on. Having it on constantly could drain your battery but a healthy battery should handle it for couple of days no problem.

Old 09-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Acer, I would say to get the battery to the auto parts place and have them do a load test on the battery. If the battery is at 75% of life or less, replace the battery. From what you are describing, it is sounding like the battery is on its way out. I do not think this has anything to do with the IS31 that you installed. If it was, then you would have blown the fuse for the cigarette lighter and the problem would have gone away.