Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, deadlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Pol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Help, deadlight problem

When normal light are turned on the high beam comes on and wont switch off. Have checked the fuses, changed the relay, to no avail. Have had to take out the fuses for the main beam, but high beam indicator still on. Am stumped, can anyone purrrlease help ! Thanks

Old 05-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Pol, it sounds like you have a connection inside the headlight assembly plug that has gotten too warm and it has shorted 2 wires together. I would first start with unplugging both headlight assemblies to verify that the problem is clear (ie, when you turn on the dip beams, the high/main beam indicator stays off). At this point, if all is good, then you can plug in one headlight and see if your problem returns. If yes, then your problem is inside that headlight housing or the associated plug. If not, plug in the other headlight assembly to verify that the problem returns. If yes, then the second headlight assembly has the fault in it. If not, you have a loose wire (most likely in the headlight plugs on one side, a quick visual should show you which one is bad as you will normally see a spot where the plastic is burned/blackened).

If the problem is present with both headlight assemblies unplugged, then your have a wiring problem in the main harness of the car. let me know and I can help you out with that. On a side note, have you done any wiring work on the car recently? This might help narrow things down.