X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please, no power on throttle, engine light

Old 06-21-2014, 05:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts
Cool Help please, no power on throttle, engine light

Good day fellow members, my motor is up for mot shortly and I will definitely need front discs but recently I drove into town and there was a serious loss of power and it felt as though my breaks were on?

I lubricated around the disc breaks and pads to see if something was sticking but I couldn't find anything..

The visual symptom is the ! warning light for the hand brake and pulling and pushing the car around has me baffled.

The handbrake seems to be working fine so I am goosed but the GEARBOX warning light came on too and both won't clear after a self test and after a battery disconnection?

My main question is "if I have a break/disc/pad error, can that affect the gearbox?"

The codes are: dtc900, 9318, d900, A879, dt1F6F, dtc9602.

Please be aware I have very limited access to an internet connection at the moment so I will only respond at certain times, please have patience with me, I will still very much be in your debt when I can catch up

YOURS CRAWLINGLY and have A GREAT WEEKEND !! Stu

Old 06-21-2014, 06:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

Hi Stu;

Given the two parallel problems and that sequence of codes, let's start by measuring the standing battery voltage - either using the on-board ETM or directly using multimeter. >12.6V ???

Regards,
Ken

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (07-02-2014)
Old 06-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Stuart, from what you are describing, it is sounding like your e-brake is not releasing, putting excessive drag on the car. If you drive the car for say 10KM and you get out, how warm are the rear hubs? If they are pretty warm, then I would be looking at the e-brake levers for the rear calipers. It is something that I seem to encounter a lot with my car.

As for the codes that you post up, they seem to be ones that are common to all cars that I have seen when they post up the codes. Granted, some of them are not making sense (the dt1F6F for example). Not sure quite what that is supposed to be.

I would say if you can, stop by a store and get the codes read via the OBD port under the dash. Maybe that will give a bit more information.

Stuart Beattie (07-02-2014)
Old 07-02-2014, 05:21 AM
Veteran Member
Smile

Thank you Ken and Chris,

I have had to relocate due to a separation and have had multiple issues re communication, my beloved (JAGUAR), my way in life and a roof over my head so I am moving on and testing the battery is an option when my road ahead is clear

Secondly Chris, the car was definately in limp mode, constantly running in 3rd gear, when up to dual or motor way speed the car was fine but starting off and low speed excelleration was terrible, it seems it was all down to someone tampering or a freak occurrence with my Jag as I had the front discs replaced, a fuse and that was it for the M.O.T.

BUT, my garage said that the sensor for the alarm and horn was playing up!!!

You guys know I can't make a long story short and if it is short it kinda grows... I apologise but he said that Jag would replace the sensor and it retailed at around £200 + time.

I chose to just move location as the MOT was more important and financially it wasn't an option as I knew if the car was messed with, it would still immobilise, just I wouldn't hear the alarm.

I was relieved when I reached my knew destination, parked up, unpacked my bags and sat alone and forlorn on my guest-house bed, then what do you know, the alarm goes off!!!

I charge into a dark street and feared the worst.... it didn't happen, then I woke up to the fact that hey!!! The alarm is working

Needless to say I then worked out that the volume of traffic that comes through the village flies at rocket pace and that was what set off the vibration and my alarm!

I am now single again and have a new life and even better, I saved £200!!!

Quids in! And my babe is sound. Thank you guys!!! Regards, Stu

And I'll be back to regular posting soon...

Last edited by Stuart Beattie; 07-02-2014 at 05:27 AM. Reason: addition
Old 07-02-2014, 06:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts

Hi Stu,
Very sorry to hear about your recent partnership status and as they say, every cloud has a silver lining.

At least the cat is still purring.

Good luck mate.

Stuart Beattie (07-03-2014)
Old 07-03-2014, 07:14 AM
Veteran Member
Default Bon Chance Messieurs, Vive le Jaguar :) :) :)

Thank you Jim,

I just never have been in this position before!!!

New Life, NO JOB, New adventures and ultra sweet dreams and no permanent residence!!

But well said Jim, the BABE is purring although I am sure she GROWLED most pleasuringly when I started her after the alarm didn't work in Scotland but in England she's fine... could this be the independence answer Alex Salmond is looking for?

I have always been British as in the British Forces "Together", but the alarm issue was obviously a glitch or was it?

I'll let you guys know if and when I can return to Scotland (to collect my property!!!). Hey did that happen to Bonnie Prince Charlie?

Did he do the tour de France?

Ps, any millionaire divorcees out there who likes Jags and er kind of have a spare room, barn, outhouse, shed, sleeping bag...... cardboard box?

The place is Skipton in Yorkshire and I am going to be kicked out of my guest house tomorrow as the TOUR de France is invading and the guesthouse is giving up on me as they were pre-booked for this fantastical cyclist invasion!

Yes the place is going to be a mass of cyclists, tourists, media, press, brass-hats er and me!!!

Answers on a postcard XXXXXX, sorry a million pound note to:

Help me, save me, spare a thought for a hard-working lost soul, ooh and I fancy a nice pint of that exquisite Yorkshire Ale?

After I've parked that is... the dream continues, England Today, tomorrow... who knows!

Enjoy your day Jaguar enthusiasts, in a Jaguar the dream flows on... eternally sweet, forever to fly, to live and live again, beyond mere challenge and on to the next, betwixt and between, smitten to smile in the finest of kittens to reach for the rainbow and near touch the sky, the answer's in the Jaguar afar from any other CAR,, sense the spirit, eclipse the rising sun, The Jaguar is the only one, behold the vision, the zest doth bite beyond a calling unto the night, to freshen a dawn a Jaguar Dawn, hear ye oh hear ye..... I shall be reborn amidst the birdsong and enlightenment and I'll cherish that dawn forever in My Jaguar through the Yorkshire Dales across the Moors and as the brass band plays, I'll pause in the sunny haze and awaken as a better man on a better day, tomorrow for my Jaguar, my adventure and life.

Nay I could not do this with any other car as the dream would be not so and the seed of my future would not be as well sown as well as with My Jaguar, my flesh my blood, my bones!

Tally-Ho into my Jaguar, for fortune and fame for this is my life, the real thing as well as everything...

I feel as lucky as a King!

Cheers and adieu Jaguaratti!! Until we meet some sunny day! Stu