Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got the prettiest Ford on the block

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 07:46 PM
one
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got the prettiest Ford on the block

It's been forever since I took pics, figured I'd have some fun today.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Default RE: I got the prettiest Ford on the block

ford???? thats a jag x-type and its very nice best 1 i seen

Old 09-12-2008, 09:54 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

That is a looker, one....well done..and true, apretty looking TATA

Old 09-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Only ever seen one whiteX Type over herein the UK and that was at the X Type factory car park waiting to go to the Middle East...
Nice looking car

Old 09-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great Pics!!!!

Old 09-13-2008, 04:57 PM

I refuse to call our car Ford ...anyways, that is a beautiful looking Jag you got there.....I'm so jealous hahahah...Mine is silver

Old 09-13-2008, 07:02 PM

why call it ford its a jags

Old 09-13-2008, 08:04 PM
one

Dont wanna kill your pride, but you drive a Ford. [&:] A cat on the hood doesnt remove the 2,755 places you have Ford stamped on the car and wiring, electronics, engine...... Thats the heart of the car. If you want a "Jag" youll have to throw out about 20 grand extra to step up to a real Jag chassis.

Shes a purty Ford though! I still like her. Interestingly the X-type is the only Jag that is built entirely off a ford chassis and from a ford drivetrain and electronics. They did some nice modifications to the Ford chassis, though.

Heck, I like it. No complaints here, shes a purty one. The Brits actually get GOOD Ford cars anyway, its the US that gets all the crap, so no complaints with having a British Ford.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

that kills me[:@] a jag is a jag not a ford, a lambo is a lambo not a VW, an acura is an acura not a honda. It is a global market and many companys own many brands.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:30 AM

ORIGINAL: jvegas

that kills me[:@] a jag is a jag not a ford, a lambo is a lambo not a VW, an acura is an acura not a honda. It is a global market and many companys own many brands.
AGREED!!!!

Old 09-14-2008, 01:22 AM

DUBBBLEEEEEE AGREEEDD!!!!!! I bought her cuz she was a JAG not no flippan Cowboy Driven Ford! If i wanted a ford i would have bought one no ones gunna b tellen me that i bought a ford.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 09-14-2008, 01:52 AM
one

ORIGINAL: jvegas

Um, we are not talking about who owns what. EVERY PART on an Acura is stamped HONDA, it is made by HONDA. Honda parts, from a honda assembly line, by a honda worker, sold by honda dealerships (yes, you can buy anything for an Acura at any honda parts counter, they are honda parts.

You can walk into any Toyota dealer on the planet and buy anything for your Lexus they happen to have in stock at the time. TOYOTA makes it, it comes from a toyota plant, don't you get this?

You can walk into any ford dealer on the planet and buy the entire electrical system for your Jag, most engine parts, and all the suspension and many major drivetrain parts.

This is not a matter of who OWNS the company, the parts are literally coming off the assembly line because all the other parts.

Jessy if you wanted a Jag that wasn't build by Ford you should have spent more money, because you bought a Ford.... bub. The X-Type is the only Jag (I feel I need to repeat myself here for some reason) that was built BY FORD FROM A FORD CHASSIS AND DRIVELINE AND ALL FORD ELECTRICAL SYSTEM. Nearly the entire car comes off the Ford assembly line.

If that upsets you, trade it in and buy an S, XK, XJ, XJS, or whatever other Jag you want. A Jag that was actually designed and built by Jag with Jag parts. (but they still have Ford electrical systems, you can't escape that one).

Gonna have to suck your pride up on this one, this is the only "Jag" that isn't a "Jag". Not built by Jag, from Jag parts, nor with Jag design. Ford just reach in the closet and pulled out one of their standard ford car chassis and filled it with bunches of Ford goodies, then stuck a leaper on it.

You act like you've never opened the hood before...... heck everything on the car is stamped Ford all the way down to the relays and fuses.

Don't go feeling bad about it, like I said these are he prettiest dang Fords I've ever seen and I love mine........ but if I want a Jag in the future, I'm gonna have to pony up another $45K when I trade in because Jag design and parts start with the S-type and go up from there through the models.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:05 AM

LOl but still not a ford um a lil stubbron no hard feelings

Old 09-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lets just put it like this...its a jag but technically its a ford

Old 09-18-2008, 08:57 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

It is my understanding (feel free to correct me)..That Ford indeed OWNED Jaguar and the Jaguar line along with Land Rover (never hear those being called a Ford) are Money owned by Ford..The engineering and design still took place in Britain..I also think I read here, oron a LR forum, that When TATA bought Jag and LR they still intended to use the Original or present Jag and LR engineers as designers...So what I'm saying is..I believe the heart and soul of these cars is 100% Jaguar..Pronounced; Jaggywire

Old 09-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

If that upsets you, trade it in and buy an S, XK, XJ, XJS, or whatever other Jag you want. A Jag that was actually designed and built by Jag with Jag parts. (but they still have Ford electrical systems, you can't escape that one).
The S-type has more "Ford" parts in it then any other Jaguar. Go look at the new Bentley's, they are full of VW parts.... Does that mean if you bought a Bentley then people can call it a VW? All Jaguars were designed by Jaguar. From what i understand the Block was formed by Ford then shipped to Britan and assembled. Then shiped back to the USA and the rest of the car was put togather.... Or something like that.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:25 PM

LOL Jaggywire, i bet now the that the indians (tata)have bought it thats how they prolly pronounce it. Thats how my dad says it he has a veryyyy deeep Indian accent.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:23 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I believe the X Types were built in England, not the US.

What other ford cars use the "Jag" 3.0L engine???

Old 09-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jaguar, Jag, Cat, Kitty, *****, Leaper, Growler what part of this do you not understand? Its England not USA[:@]
So what is a Ford? Mexican, Brazilian, Chinese, Tiwainese?

Old 09-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Still...going back to the origianl post... I've never actually seen a white X-kitty in real life. Were there many produced and what MY? If anyone knows.